Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > ActionScript Forums Group > ActionScript 3.0

Old 10-31-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
P1000

Default Problem with navigateToURL

Hi, I am trying to open a new browser window from within my Flash app. To do this, I am using the line:

navigateToURL(new URLRequest("http://www.yahoo.com"), "_blank");

The problem is that when I test the code from in Flash CS4 nothing happens! It's like the line of code isn't there. But when I manually open the .html file which Flash CS4 generated that embeds my .swf, then the Flash app opens in my browser and promptly opens a new window to yahoo juat like it should, so it does not seem to be an AS3 syntax issue. I just got a new computer yesterday, with a fresh install of Flash CS4. I do not have this problem on my old computer. The old computer runs the code perfectly. Could there be some weird default security settings at work here in Flash CS4?

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of problem, or any clue what might be happening?

Thanks!!
P1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:58 AM   #2
elytexeira

Before compiling your movie (Ctrl+Enter), go and configure your publish settings, in the flash tab , select "Acces Network Only" from the Local playback box. This will change the sandbox of your app and will allow you to access the web.

another possible solution is to ensure there is a default browser selected, because if flash calls the default browser applications and the system doesnt have one it wont do anything.

Currently working at Probooks-Libros
elytexeira is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: