Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > ActionScript Forums Group > ActionScript 3.0

Old 11-05-2009, 02:11 PM   #11
Striker9099

Quote:
Originally Posted by senocular View Post
Why would anyone intentioanlly install Real Player?
I install Real Player to play videos (locally) and download videos from the internet...

@dub_beat: that was a smart way of protecting your content. But when I asked you to download Cybele, I meant to download the swf which is possible but useless cuz the swf file won't show up where you downloaded it to (your desktop for example) and I wish I could find a way to make it show up and decompile it cuz that would help me learn alot of stuff... My intention is definitely not to steal someone's work, I just want to learn from it!
Striker9099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #12
dub_beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker9099 View Post
I install Real Player to play videos (locally) and download videos from the internet...

@dub_beat: that was a smart way of protecting your content. But when I asked you to download Cybele, I meant to download the swf which is possible but useless cuz the swf file won't show up where you downloaded it to (your desktop for example) and I wish I could find a way to make it show up and decompile it cuz that would help me learn alot of stuff... My intention is definitely not to steal someone's work, I just want to learn from it!
Have you tried sothink swf decompiler sothink swf catcher?
Old 11-05-2009, 05:45 PM   #13
Striker9099

Well I've tried SoThink SWF Decompiler before and it's really good. SWF Catcher didn't work because it doesn't support IE 8.0 which I have on my laptop... I usually use Save Flash to download swf's from the internet and it works fine, except for some files that are embedded using SWFObject (I think - that's what I found in the source page). So, maybe SWF Catcher can overcome this issue but... I cannot use it :[
Striker9099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:33 PM   #14
henke37

Send a message via Skype™ to henke37

It's not that bad, on linux, they are just adding their own codecs to the Helix player. At least that's what they did the last time I checked.
henke37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: