Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2010, 08:55 PM   #1
Tenshi-samah

Default [AS3] Virtual pet game

~Hello,

I started a small project to learn ActionScript 3.0. I'm doing this in flash, and I kind of want a small virtual Pet game. A pet you can feed,pet & play with.
What I have now.. is a simple Start button, if you click it the Pet & tools will appear. Also if you click the pet it will be happy and there appear hearts above it. (it seems that it doesnt matter where you click! so that's not right)
Now.. as you click somewhere(what should be just the pet) The "Love" thing will play but after that it just goes on with the frames which should be it's "pain" reaction.

Questions are now:
1. The pet should be the only thing that can be clicked for the "love" reaction (basically it's : petting the pet) how do I do this? (the whole stage is clickable now)

2. After the Animation of "love" is finished. The pet should be at its "normal" state again but it just plays the frames of "pain" (which are after "love") too. How do I get the pet back at its normal state? (not playin "pain" afterwards)

I hope it is a bit understandable, and I hope there's someone who can help me ^^

>>Please don't lock the topic afterwards I probably have more questions as I progress and would like to use this thread therefor<<

>> I'm sorry for my english too, I hope its understandable.. my main language is Dutch<<

Greetings,
Tenshi-samah is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: