Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 03-20-2006, 07:48 PM   #1
Frosty_spl

Default Site is slow?

Hi,

I have a problem with my site. The first time you go to each page, it lags pretty bad. But the next time you go to the same page, it works fine.

http://www.the-rev.com/stage/test/rev-site06.html

I have my shell swf that contains the nav, backgrounds, logo, etc. The white box that changes size is its own swf. When you click on a nav button, it unloads. when the page you clicked on has its swf loaded, it reloads the white box.

The first time you go through the site, it lags as its trying to load the white box swf and content swf. The next time you go to that page, it works fine.

Any hints on how to speed it up? (its running at 24fps) The content swfs are about 220k each. but all that's there is some text and a mask. I had the content off to the side (hidden) on the shell swf, so it would be preloaded, but it didnt help.
Frosty_spl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 04:11 PM   #2
ImprisonedPride

I'm running on a slow computer, and it didn't lag at all for me, unless you have fixed the problem already...
ImprisonedPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 02:27 AM   #3
Frosty_spl

Really? The white boxes should come up pretty quick, with the text following it. If i try from work with my cache cleared, it takes along time, around 10 seconds the first time you view it.
Frosty_spl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:51 AM   #4
iflashyou

everything loads fast except the white box. the white box came after about 10 seconds

sorry i can't hep you with technical problems. i'm new to flash
iflashyou is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: