Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 03-20-2006, 07:51 PM   #1
Cowgirl32

Default loader sizing problem

i am using the loader component to display images from an xml file. The xml file passes in width and height of what the image should display as. When i run the swf file. It displays the image as the original size, which is larger than what i would like to see on the screen. Is there a prameter that i am missing that should be set. Here is the code for the loader that i am setting:

ActionScript Code:
var obj:Object = createClassObject(mx.controls.Loader,"obj"+Cnt,Cnt+100);                                     objHeight = chNode.attributes.Height;                                     obj.setSize(chNode.attributes.Width, objHeight);                                     trace("width of the image: " + obj.width);                                     trace("height of the image: " + obj.height);                                     obj._x = chNode.attributes.X;                                     var TopAdjust = new Number(chNode.attributes.Y) + topOffSet;                                     obj._y = TopAdjust;                                     obj.scaleContent = false;                                     obj.contentPath = chNode.firstChild.attributes.FileName;

when i do a trace after i setSize, it outputs the correct sizes that i would like. I am wondering there is an aspect ratio that i am missing or something along those lines..
Cowgirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 10:56 PM   #2
Cowgirl32

Angry

update on my problem:

the loader is sizing my images with the correct width, but then it is adjusting the height so it is constrained with the width. If i put in a width and height of 400 by 400. it will size the width to 400 and make the height what ever size so it looks the same as the original image.

so there must be some kind of restraint on the loader. PLEASE i am going crazy here.
Cowgirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: