Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Flash General Questions > Other Flash General Questions

Old 05-12-2006, 03:38 PM   #1
mpire

Default Help with loading external movie clips

Ok I made a flash movie and I created another flash movie which is just a pic of a wide screen tv. I want to load the first movie I made to make it look like it is playing on the tv but when the movie is loaded it shows everything outside of the document working area also. How can I make the movie clip load without it showing the outside of the document area?
mpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:22 PM   #2
Darcey

You need to use a mask...

Make a mask with a movie clip inside it then load your external swf into that movie clip..
Darcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:55 PM   #3
solo1

The flash player won't show content outside of the stage area when it is loaded inside of a container(such as a html page). It will show content outside of the movie area in testing mode though. A mask will solve this problem, but may not be necessary. Try previewing it in a browser first to see if it still shows objects outside of the stage.
solo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: