Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 03-29-2002, 05:53 AM   #1
belzarrath

Default loading .txt files

I am wanting to load different .txt file into the same movie. By using the loadvariables action. I have no problem loading the .txt when opening the movie, but using the same movie and using buttons to load different txt files in it has been a problem.
belzarrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 08:23 AM   #2
IFZen
Even graphists R objects

Hi belzarrath,

You should'nt have problem with loadVariable actions. When you use it into a button, code like this :

this.loadVariables(url);

Will load the file into the clip that embed your button (into _root if your button is placed directly on the stage). Then at the end you should have your loaded variables defined where you loaded them. You also can load your variables elsewhere by applying the action to the recipient clip :
_root.mc1.loadVariables(url);
will load datas into the _root.mc1 MovieClip.

I had at a time some problems with multiple concurent loads and it happend that some connections get lost. If it is your case, try to load your different files one by one. Use for that a clip that will trigger the data event to know when you can launch a new load.

Hope it helps,
BZen

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: