Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 04-04-2002, 02:04 AM   #1
piper1

Question submit form to formmail problem

I have read countless tutorials on how to submit form details from flash, and feel that i have followed everything perfectly.

However, i cannot get FormMail.pl to respond to my flash submissions. I have no problem doing other things with these forms (such as submitting a query to a search engine), but FormMail.pl will not respond.

I dont think there is any problem with the cgi script, because it works fine with html forms.

I tried with POST and GET methods. GET was sending the variables to the new page because they were visible in the address bar, and identical to what is sent from a html page.

I am using all the correct variables (corresponding to their HTML equivilents) and it is all on the same timeline as my submit button, which i have tried with GetURL and loadVariables.

This problem has been driving me !!crazy!! for a couple of months now, and i had to remove an integral part of my site because of it.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Any solutions?

I know it should be straight forward, but it just wont work!

Please help!
piper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2002, 03:49 AM   #2
Jesse
ActionScript.org Founder

Sounds very annoying, but I can't think waht might be causing it. You say you've used GET and a _blank window, and checked the output in the address bar? That's generally all it takes. If your variables ARE being sent and the script still isn't working it strikes me that the .pl is at fault.

Jesse Stratford
ActionScript.org Cofounder

Please don't email or PM me Flash questions, that's what the Forums are for!

Please don't rely on me reading my PMs either. Email me about important stuff.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: