Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > ActionScript Forums Group > ActionScript 2.0

Old 09-11-2006, 10:21 PM   #1
Syllogism
capt. Obvious

Default Fuse anyone?

well I don't know if it's appropriate to post fuse related stuff on this forum but what the hell. The fuse forum is pretty comatose.

so here goes. What I want to do in fuse is animate a parameter and then while that animation is still taking place, animate another parameter of the same MC.
So in this simple example I'm rotating a MC called "ball" 720 degree over a period of 4 seconds with a 2 second delay before it all happens. Say I wanted to move the ball or change it's alpha or something 4 seconds into the animation(ie in the middle of the rotation tween. How would I do that? I've tried creating a new fuse object which talks to the same MC but not luck, just does one. If you push any further commands into the array then it executes them one after the other.

So any clues how I would do this?(in fuse mind you, I know I could do it with something else like the tween class but that's not the point)

here is the code:

import com.mosesSupposes.fuse.*;
ZigoEngine.register(Fuse,PennerEasing,FuseFMP);
var h:Fuse = new Fuse();
h.push({target:ball, _rotation:720, seconds:4, ease:"easeOutQuad", delay:2});
h.start();

"I think you'll find my argument is flawless [Citation][Citation][Citation]"
Syllogism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 10:50 PM   #2
silentweed
Flashmatics

havent used fuse myself, but u may wanna check out the fuse video tutorial at www.gotoandlearn.com

Latest Projects:
The Dead Room |
Are You Smarter | Prison Break (Frame A Friend) | Beck's Fusions | The 24 Experience
-----------------------------------------------------
Flash Certified Developer
silentweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:30 AM   #3
Syllogism
capt. Obvious

I had a look but it's a pretty simplistic tutorial just covering the basics.

"I think you'll find my argument is flawless [Citation][Citation][Citation]"
Syllogism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 02:37 PM   #4
jim_stone

Default have you used FuseIDE

http://theflashblog.com/?p=244

here Lee talks about this IDE for fuse called "FuseIDE" i've only used it alittle but it might help you with what you are trying to do.

Fuse is great but like you said thier forum is pretty quite....and so it does feel like there isn't much help out there!

and there aint a whole lot of tutorials either, fuse is very powerful but i feel there should be a proper tutorial section for it at fuse........Anyways i must stop complaining.

im having promlems too tho.....

i've made some buttons for a site im working on.....and if you stay over them (that is the nav buttons) they stick? it's really annoying -- not asking anyone to fix my problems just interested to see has anyone else had similiar problems with it or is it just me?

here is a link to the site:- http://ijsr32.infj.ulst.ac.uk/~16733705/majorproject/

thanks

jim
jim_stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:07 PM   #5
AdrienLyon
New in town

For questions about Fuse you're better of signing up to the Fuse mailing list
AdrienLyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:42 PM   #6
jcodec
UI Engineer

Default This is a great place to talk about Fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrienLyon View Post
For questions about Fuse you're better of signing up to the Fuse mailing list
A have to disagree AdrienLyon.

While the Fuse mailing list is the "official" center of fuse discussion, no internet community that I am aware of is more active, accurate or helpful with Fuse questions than Actionscript.org. Search this forums for the word "Fuse" and you will be impressed with the wealth of knowledge circulated here.

Simply because of the number of users, the expertise of a number of gurus who glady donate their time writing posts and tutorials, and the sophistication of this board, if you have a Fuse question, I challenge you to find a place that will answer it more quickly and more accurately than here.

I'll admit it, I'm a Fuse expert / junkie. In fact, if you google "top ten open source actionscript" you will find the number one post is a blog entry I wrote some time ago where I listed Fuse as the number one open source actionscript project.

Yes. I use Fuse. So do lots and lots of other Actionscript.org users: moderators, authors, general users, lurkers and newbies. There is no better place to talk about it than here. Speak up. I for one will be glad to volunteer an answer.
jcodec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:46 PM   #7
jcodec
UI Engineer

Default Tse the "trigger" property

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syllogism View Post
What I want to do in fuse is animate a parameter and then while that animation is still taking place, animate another parameter of the same MC.
So in this simple example I'm rotating a MC called "ball" 720 degree over a period of 4 seconds with a 2 second delay before it all happens. Say I wanted to move the ball or change it's alpha or something 4 seconds into the animation(ie in the middle of the rotation tween. How would I do that? I've tried creating a new fuse object which talks to the same MC but not luck, just does one. If you push any further commands into the array then it executes them one after the other.

So any clues how I would do this?(in fuse mind you, I know I could do it with something else like the tween class but that's not the point)

here is the code:

ActionScript Code:
import com.mosesSupposes.fuse.*; ZigoEngine.register(Fuse,PennerEasing,FuseFMP); var h:Fuse = new Fuse(); h.push({target:ball, _rotation:720, seconds:4, ease:"easeOutQuad", delay:2}); h.start();
You can push multiple animations as independent objects. You can then use the "trigger" property to start the next animation before the previous one ends. Here's an example that may work for you:

ActionScript Code:
import com.mosesSupposes.fuse.*; ZigoEngine.register(Fuse,PennerEasing); var h:Fuse = new Fuse(); h.push({target:ball, _rotation:720, seconds:4, ease:"easeOutQuad", delay:2, trigger:2}); h.push({target:ball, _alpha:0, seconds:2, ease:"easeOutQuad"}); h.start();
jcodec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 04:00 AM   #8
astgtciv
Resu Deretsiger

Syllogism, if you push an array of fuse objects into the fuse, it is interpreted as a "fuse group", in which all the tweens are performed concurrently as opposed to sequentially. So, in your case all you need to do is add other tweens to the fuse group, setting their delay to 4 seconds (so that they start 2 seconds after the first (2-second delay) tween.

Like so:

ActionScript Code:
import com.mosesSupposes.fuse.*; ZigoEngine.register(Fuse,PennerEasing,FuseFMP); var h:Fuse = new Fuse(); h.push( [ {target:ball, _rotation:720, seconds:4, ease:"easeOutQuad", delay:2}, {target:ball, _alpha:0, seconds:1, ease:"easeOutQuad", delay:4} ]); h.start();

This will tween _alpha to 0 in 1 second, starting 4 seconds after the start of the fuse (so, 2 seconds after the start of the _rotation tween).

Fuse is an awesome project, but I have yet to see as a great a project with as poor a documentation. It's getting slightly better with time - but still! I've used it for quite a while, and every time I forget how to do something it takes me ages to find it again. I know, instead of bitching I should be contributing to writing the docs
Old 05-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #9
AdrienLyon
New in town

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcodec View Post
A have to disagree AdrienLyon.
The reason I mentioned the mailing list is because Fuse is such a specialized package. If anything else I would say that Fuse has earned enough credits to have its own forum space here on Actionscript.org. However, this is the AS2.0 forum thread and when posting questions about a specialized package like Fuse, it would not be uncommon for those questions never to be answered because it basically depends if an "expert/junkie" is noticing the post or not.

Just my two cents.
AdrienLyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:14 PM   #10
astgtciv
Resu Deretsiger

I was just thinking, actually - a separate forum for Fuse would be excessive, but a Tweening (Sub)Forum might not be such a bad idea...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: