Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Flash General Questions > Flash 8 General Questions

Old 10-03-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
workerc

Default Button within Scrolling Text Field

Hi
I have one empty text field and I am pulling in external text files to this. The problem is that I need to have links within these text files to other frames of my flash file and I need links to open pdfs etc. Basically does anyone know if you can embed flash actionscript withhin a text file to make a piece of text a button and perform a function like 'get url',

any help much appreciated as it will save me from starting all over again if I don't get it sorted using text boxes soon,

Thanks
workerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:48 PM   #2
kool-Aid
The dude abides

Send a message via AIM to kool-Aid

I don't think you can embed links, however if you can predict the way your text is going to display once it is pulled from your server you can place blank hit areas ontop of where you want the links to be. You can script these however you want. know what i mean?
kool-Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:55 AM   #3
workerc

Ok cool, the blank hit areas won't work here though because its a scrolling text field so the links maybe hidden and then appear but the empty buttons would always be there. I may have to rethink and use complete scrolling movie clip instead. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by workerc; 10-04-2006 at 07:59 AM.
workerc is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: