Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Flash General Questions > Flash 8 General Questions

Old 10-05-2006, 11:31 PM   #1
kep1

Default Noob Question about Buttons and Text

Hi. If one is making a flash site (as in no HTML involved) what is the most common way to have a button (like in a nav menu) display text on the screen (like in the middle where there is space for content) when clicked?
kep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:32 AM   #2
Kilo

man, what you have asking is very simple and basic, but very tough to explain in a post on a forum. no offense, but considering what your asking, you must be new to flash. My suggestion:

Go to: www.cartoonsmart.com

This guy is smart and knows how to teach. Get a tut of his on webdesign (not the advanced flash 8 course, too advanced for you imo) and start there. Good luck.
Kilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:18 AM   #3
kep1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo
man, what you have asking is very simple and basic, but very tough to explain in a post on a forum. no offense, but considering what your asking, you must be new to flash. My suggestion:

Go to: www.cartoonsmart.com

This guy is smart and knows how to teach. Get a tut of his on webdesign (not the advanced flash 8 course, too advanced for you imo) and start there. Good luck.
yes i'm pretty new to flash but i'm not an idiot so why don't you just give it a shot?
kep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 08:34 PM   #4
Kilo

Ok. The simplest way to do it is this. In you timeline create multiple layers. Make one layer the layer for text, one layer the layer for buttons. Now create create a keyframe on frame 2 for your text layer. on the text layer, blank out the 1st keyframe and put your text on the 2nd keyframe (all on the text layer). now create your button. Apply the following actionscript to your button (select the button and press f9):

on(press){
gotoAndStop(2);
}

Thats it your done.

Now thats how you do it. BUT, this doesnt teach you button animations, loadMovie, sizing and resizing options, scrolling for the text. Just a whole text books whole of info.

I still stand by my first post, but hopefully this will get you started.
Kilo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: