Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Flex > Flex 2, 3 & 4

Old 11-14-2006, 08:11 PM   #1
CDHBookingEdge

Send a message via MSN to CDHBookingEdge
Exclamation Flex and CF together questions

Ok I'm having some "start up" problems with CF I guess is one point so any leads there would help. But then I want to make sure I understand what needs to be done to set things up properly so my flex programs that use CF as a data source are ..well set up properly and I can run them. ;-)

So here's my questions I guess at this point.
1) How (or what's the easiest way) to verify that I'm using the CF built in server?
2) How do I attach it and my programs to handle http://localhost properly?
3) What kinds of setup or caveats are necessary to get CF Based flex programs working?

Sorry for these quite basic and in some ways vague questions. I'll admit that my head just isn't wrapping around this part of things properly. And if these questions belong on a more CF based forum or such then my appologies as well. And any names of places to take it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Christopher
CDHBookingEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:10 PM   #2
meddlingwithfir

Ooof - #1, I don't know. I've never NOT used the built-in webserver. Always seemed the easiest way to go. I know this probably isn't the "prefered" route, but re-installing CF would probably only take you 10 minutes, and you can make sure that you select to use the built-in webserver.

#2 -- You can either move all your CF projects into the ColdFusion WWWROOT\ directory (C:\CFusionMX\wwwroot\), or set up a mapping in the ColdFusion admin area -- the installation should have handed you a link to that at the end. That CFadmin area is your new best friend You typically don't need to putz around with ANY config files for ColdFusion. That's what makes it so beautiful in my book. All server attributes (almost anyway) can be modified through that CFadmin area.

If you don't want to copy/paste files over, then you need to set up a mapping in the same CFadmin area. You want to set up a logical path of "\", and your directory path to whatever directory you want CF to look for your projects.

#3 -- Just make sure you include the Remoting Components. The install asks you if you want to include these. Click yes Or your life will be much more difficult.

Hope that helps a bit!
meddlingwithfir is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: