Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > ActionScript Forums Group > ActionScript 2.0

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-13-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
Lostin ActionScript

Default script to identify when FLV movie complete and goto Scene ...

I am no Action Script expert!
Would greatly appreciate anyhelp to below:

We have craeted a viral video.

I converted raw video to an FLV file and created a swf playing file which progressively streams the FLV file.

At end of video I just want to have a final screen that shows some animated text. How is this done?!

That is my confusion. In the swf playing file (that “calls” FLV file) can one program an Action Script that identifies when video has stopped playing and then move to say Scene 2, Frame 1 to play animated text?

Much appreciated!
Lostin ActionScript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 05:40 PM   #2
rondog
ActiveDen.net/user/rondog

you can make your video on frame 1 and add a stop command to that frame then add a second keyframe. I did something similair, however I used a netstream connection and after it was done playing it forwarded to a url..heres one that will go to frame2..hope that helps

ActionScript Code:
var nc:NetConnection = new NetConnection(); nc.connect(null); var ns:NetStream = new NetStream(nc); vidPlayer.attachVideo(ns); ns.play("mayor.flv"); ns.onStatus = function (infoObject:Object) {     if (infoObject.code == "NetStream.Play.Stop")   {         gotoAndStop(2);     } };

Last edited by rondog; 12-13-2006 at 05:44 PM.
rondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #3
ladyb314
Lady B. Productions

Send a message via AIM to ladyb314 Send a message via Yahoo to ladyb314
Red face Having trouble with your code

I am having trouble using the code you've posted here. Hopefully you will see this as I know that post was from a while back. Here is my code. What do you think i am doing wrong?

ActionScript Code:
import mx.video.*; var nc:NetConnection = new NetConnection(); nc.connect(null); var ns:NetStream = new NetStream(nc); ns.setBufferTime(5); vidDisplay.attachVideo(ns); ns.play("clips/Legal_End_of_show.flv"); ns.onStatus = function (infoObject:Object) {     if (infoObject.code == "NetStream.Play.Stop")   {         trace("video finished");     } };

I don't get a trace when the video is complete. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
ladyb314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:13 PM   #4
CyanBlue
Super Moderator

Howdy and Welcome...

What do you get when you trace the value of the infoObjec.code???
ActionScript Code:
ns.onStatus = function (infoObject:Object) {     trace("infoObject.code = " + infoObject.code);     if (infoObject.code == "NetStream.Play.Stop")   {         trace("video finished");     } };
http://tutorials.FlashVacuum.com

Do NOT PM, Email or Call me... Your question belongs right in this forum...
CyanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:53 PM   #5
ladyb314
Lady B. Productions

Send a message via AIM to ladyb314 Send a message via Yahoo to ladyb314

I get NetStream.Buffer.Empty at the end of the video which is what I am currently using to call the next video. Unfortunately this triggers the next video a tad bit early. I never get the code NetStream.Play.Stop.
ladyb314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:48 PM   #6
Hollywood_Dave

Interesting. Mr. Wicked's code got me close to what I was wanting. But something doesn't seem to be working right for me.

I have two progressive download movies. One on keyframe 1. One on keyframe 2.

I plugged the code in and it plays the first, then the second.

But...for some reason there seems to be 2 versions of keyframe 1 movie's audio running, creating an echo effect. Just for test purposes, I went into frame 1 and deleted the FLV instance and tested it. The movie was no longer there, but the sound was (the additional audio version which was creating the eecho).

Is something in that code creating a duplicate of the audio and playing it parrallel to the movie?

- Unknown
Hollywood_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:43 PM   #7
gristy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_Dave View Post
Interesting. Mr. Wicked's code got me close to what I was wanting. But something doesn't seem to be working right for me.

I have two progressive download movies. One on keyframe 1. One on keyframe 2.

I plugged the code in and it plays the first, then the second.

But...for some reason there seems to be 2 versions of keyframe 1 movie's audio running, creating an echo effect. Just for test purposes, I went into frame 1 and deleted the FLV instance and tested it. The movie was no longer there, but the sound was (the additional audio version which was creating the eecho).

Is something in that code creating a duplicate of the audio and playing it parrallel to the movie?
Yes, I have the same problem.
I feel as if it may have something to do with the fact that my video component exists on stage and the NetStream script just duplicates what this is supposed to be doing somehow?
gristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:36 PM   #8
Hollywood_Dave

Gristy, you didn't happen to find a solution, did you? I'm still at a wall with this thing.

- Unknown
Old 05-02-2007, 12:50 AM   #9
Hollywood_Dave

Well, not sure how many people are even reading this thread, but I figured out what I was doing wrong.

I was using this code, which worked fine:

Code:
var nc:NetConnection = new NetConnection();
nc.connect(null);
var ns:NetStream = new NetStream(nc);
vidPlayer.attachVideo(ns);
ns.play("movie1.flv");

ns.onStatus = function (infoObject:Object) {
    if (infoObject.code == "NetStream.Play.Stop")   {
        gotoAndStop(2);
    }
};
stop();
I won't go into what I was doing wrong, but what I needed to do after placing this code in Frame 1 was go to the Library of this FLA, choose 'New Video, drag that video object in the Library to the stage, give it the instance name 'vidPlayer' and boom! Everything worked fine. It went on to Frame 2 after playing movie1.flv . I placed the same code in Frame 2 (this time for movie2.flv) and changed the code to 'gotoAndStop(3)' and so on and so on. Now it plays all my movies one after another.

Thanks to mrwicked for pointing me in the right direction.

- Unknown
Old 05-15-2007, 02:23 PM   #10
3pepe3
;)

mmhhhhhhhhhhh... i have a problem i ear the music but not the video ussing this code :/
somebody knows why is this?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: