Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 03-27-2001, 06:41 AM   #1
orenot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to orenot
Question

I have a Flash <->ColdFusion <-> Database search tool. Works great! Well, most of the time....

The search results return to a text box in a movie clip. I am looping over a couple frames waiting for "loaded=1" from the loadVariablesNum call to the coldfusion page. When this is true, I go to the "results" frame which contains the text movie clip.
There is an onClipEvent(data) call on the movie clip to reset the scrollbar as well.

I would say that 80% of the time, this works as it should. It is the other 20% that bothers me! I get the "loaded=1", a "status" textbox is updated to show the record count, and we go to the movie clip. But there is no text in the movie clip! Hit <enter> a couple more times, and eventually the text loads. No errors from the server, so I figured it had to be in my flash app. ?? But I can't for the life of me understand why it is so inconsistent....it is just me here on my own machine with my own database....and with the exact same queries!

Any ideas? I can make the code available if asked.

Thanks in advance,
Sean
orenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 03:03 PM   #2
ruslana
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: berlin-city
Posts: 3
Question Some ideas for u

hi örenot,

can you describe your problem in particular? Which scrollbar? The onClipEvent(data) react only on one receiving of a variable (if you believe the macromedia help).

Wir wünschen dir viele neue Flash-Seiten!!!

ruslana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2001, 09:58 PM   #3
orenot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 10
Send a message via Yahoo to orenot
Default Specifics

Thanks!


I am trying to have the search form and results show in the window at the same time. THis is working, except for every now and then the text results box will not show the results! No errors, all other data is returned from the database. I have a loop after the user clicks "search" or hits <enter>:

if (loaded=="1"){
gotoAndPlay("Results");
} else {
gotoAndPlay("Loop")
}

"Results" reveals the textMC , which has the following action:

onClipEvent (data) {
_root.loaded = "";//to reset the "loaded" var
scroller.gotoAndPlay("Reset"); //this resets the scrollbar
}

///////////////////////
Code is here, if you wanna look: http://members.nbci.com/japanmoran/other/code/

Some of it is ugly, I warn you. I am learning this as I go.

I bit too big to post on the board, I thought.

Sorry, can't put it somewhere to test due to password restrictions on my company's database site.... :-(


I appreciate the help.
orenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mysterious font issue dannyst ActionScript 2.0 1 01-28-2005 04:18 PM
Mysterious Syntax Error message when adding new array sin77 ActionScript 1.0 (and below) 3 09-07-2004 04:45 PM
Compiler inconsistencies when working with interfaces maglez ActionScript 2.0 16 05-28-2004 08:53 AM
_height inconsistencies in actionscript??? Nigel ActionScript 1.0 (and below) 6 07-08-2002 04:05 PM
plugin inconsistencies mikerichdale Other Flash General Questions 4 08-29-2001 11:56 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:31 AM.

///
Follow actionscriptorg on Twitter

 


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management plugin by RedTyger
Copyright 2000-2013 ActionScript.org. All Rights Reserved.
Your use of this site is subject to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.