I'm in the process of developing a website for a client but am approaching the deadline and need some help with a Flash job.
Essentially I wish to create a simple animation which illustrates the logistics company's workflow/processes. The actual steps are as follows, although please note that I do not need a different animation for every one of these (see further down in this post for animation steps):
1. Receive a phone or email booking.
2. Dispatch job electronically to delivery driver.
3. Driver receives booking and either picks up from in-house depot, or drives to pick up point.
4. Driver loads goods.
5. Driver drives to delivery point.
6. Driver unloads goods.
7. Driver receives signature electronically via handheld device, sends data electronically to depot.
8. Information stored electronically for customers.
This is where the animation will fit into the site (to the right of the girl, where I've placed a demo truck image):
I want the animation to be more than just flat cartoon colours. It should be half realistic, with gradients and shadows to make objects appear sort of 3D.
What I had in mind for the animation itself was a semi-transparent white bar sliding out from the left hand side (behind the girl but above the light blue gradient) then the "steps" animation beginning within that white bar. I want the whole thing to have a speedy sort of feel, with things moving along quite quickly and each of the steps would flow on from the last in a manner that you see fit (e.g. someone takes a call for step 1, then the whole frame slides off smoothly to the left as though it's on a conveyor belt, and the next step slides in from the right).
This is the sequence of steps as it should appear:
1. Show an office employee taking a call / typing.
2. Show the "message" travelling electronically (perhaps along a chain of cables or circuits) to the truck driver who gets into his truck.
3. Driver begins driving, stops, a forklift puts goods into back of truck.
4. Driver begins driving, stops, unloads goods via forklift at customer site.
5. Driver uses handheld device to send signal back to office and this goes into computer.
6. Fade out or otherwise indicate that the animation has reached the end of the loop.
The animation should be very eye-catching and the primary focus of the particular page it will appear on. I need to show the company a demo of some kind (even if incomplete) within the next couple of days.
If you are interested in providing me with a quote for your services, please PM or email me (grant at oneilldesign dot com dot au), including links to your Flash/design work. I am only looking at spending up to $200 (AUD) so please do not contact me if you are above this figure.