Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Extensions and Plugins > Components

Old 02-15-2007, 06:08 PM   #1
lotuscreative

Default Proxus FLV Player and referencing FLV file in HTML (flashvar or ?)

I did a search for this subject and nothing definitively comes up that addresses my needs. I've used the Proxus FLV Player in the past, and I'd like to use it again, but the lack of support on their end has me concerned. Perhaps if I get the right help here, it will work out.

Here's the challenge:

I will be displaying a number of videos each on their on HTML page. Each video must reside on its own HTML page.

I'd like to use the FLV Player as a shell to load movies dynamically using either FlashVar or some other implementation in the HTML.

The way FLV player is setup right now, the path to the FLV must be hard coded, and republished for every movie. Unfortunately, this isn't an option. It needs to remain dynamic so that if movies are added in the future, then its simply modifying the HTML embed code.

I realize that there is a Lister component, but I can't have all the movies be in a playlist. Each movie must be on its own HTML page. Basically the movies must be viewed in sequence, and I will be using the event listener function to display a next movie link when the movie is done playing. If I used the lister playlist, then the user would be able to skip past certain videos.

I also realize that the FCS Player (uses Flash communications server, now called Flash Media Server) is available that allows files to be called dynamically. Unfortunately the cost of Flash Media Server (~4k USD) is cost prohibitive. But it does give me hope that this is possible within the FLV player.

I could certainly go with another FLV player such as the one at ESA flash components -- and that may be the fall back solutions, but at the moment if its possible to do this with the FLV player i'd prefer that.

Thanks for any light anyone can shed on this.
lotuscreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:29 AM   #2
supriyopaul
Supriyo

Send a message via Yahoo to supriyopaul

Hello lotuscreative,

You can try this.....

use this code ?video_path=video/&video_seperator=|&video_name=a.flv after the embed code, it look like this -

<embed src="index_auto.swf?video_path=video/&video_seperator=|&video_name=a.flv|b.flv"" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="482" height="407"></embed>

and after that in flash you declare variables, var video_path, var video_seperator & var video_name....

trace the variables it works....

enjoy...
Old 02-12-2009, 04:41 AM   #3
dvbeckham7

Quote:
Originally Posted by supriyopaul View Post
Hello lotuscreative,

You can try this.....

use this code ?video_path=video/&video_seperator=|&video_name=a.flv after the embed code, it look like this -

<embed src="index_auto.swf?video_path=video/&video_seperator=|&video_name=a.flv|b.flv"" allowFullScreen="true" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="482" height="407"></embed>

and after that in flash you declare variables, var video_path, var video_seperator & var video_name....

trace the variables it works....

enjoy...

it seems does not works~~
dvbeckham7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: