Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 02-20-2007, 01:13 AM   #1
marriedman624

Red face tabbing between input text problems

I have a form (with five input text boxes and two checkboxes) and the tabbing between fields is all screwed up. When i load that page and hit tab once in goes to the fourth text field, I hit tab again-> first check box, I hit tab again -> 2nd checkbox, I hit tab again -> back to the fourth text box and the cycle repeats. I cannot tab to the other text boxes.
Also, when I click on the offending text boxes, fill in the information, and send the form. This only thing defined in the email is, SURPRISE, the fourth text box (i have not input the checkboxes into the script yet so don't worry about those). Can anyone tell me what is going on? I have tried to put them into a tab index with the accesibility panel (didn't work) also tried with actin script(didn't work), I have tried changing the z-order of the input fields (didn't work), and I have re-created the text fields, twice (didn't work). They were working correctly previously.

Can anyone help me?

P.S. I read on livedocs that Text field are always in the tab scheme unless they are disabled, how can I check and how can I enable them if that is the case?

Thanks
marriedman624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #2
turtelly

Try this...

Make sure each of your text fields has an instance name. For this example, lets call them field1_txt, field2_txt, etc.

On an actions layer on the same frame where your form fields reside, include the following ActionScript:

Code:
field1_txt.tabIndex = 1;
field2_txt.tabIndex = 2;
field3_txt.tabIndex = 3;
field4_txt.tabIndex = 4;
field5_txt.tabIndex = 5;
Hope that helps with the Tab indexing.
turtelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:07 PM   #3
alflashy
moving forward

I trying to do the same thing.
It works but I have to press TAB twice to get to the next text field in the index order.

Any idea

Thanks
alflashy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: