Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > ActionScript Forums Group > ActionScript 1.0 (and below)

Old 07-08-2002, 05:14 PM   #1
Steve Martin

Cool Need actionscript for Flash 6 Player

I operate a graphic arts technology integration company. We are in the process of creating an intro that links to a directory where we will import 5 ucompressed AVI movie files and then link them to buttons on the directory. This part we have figured out.

The sixth file that we want to connect to the directory is a Intro Flash 5 file that we created for our own company. We tried importing this file into a Flash MX scene, and then connecting to the directory, but we have multiple problems, ie. the file is garbage, no sound, etc.

The next thing we tried was leaving the file external to Flash, and creating a link to the swf. file. This allows us to connect the file to the button, and it plays. However, the Flash 6 player is overriding the 4 frames per second that the Flash 5 Intro file needs to play at. What actionscript do we use to get Flash 6 to play the external Flash 5 file at 4 frames per second?

If we need to import the file into a Flash scene, how what script do we use to override the Flash 6 player default of 12 frames per second. Thanks for your help in Advance! Regards, Steve.

Last edited by Steve Martin; 07-09-2002 at 08:30 PM.
Steve Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 07:23 AM   #2
farafiro
Addicted To FLASH

Send a message via MSN to farafiro Send a message via Yahoo to farafiro

I'm not sure if I got that well, but I think u need to import them to FMX, reduce the FPS, export them as swf again.
_____________________________________________GHANDI
farafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 08:29 PM   #3
Steve Martin

Default Response

We already tried importing the uncompressed AVI file into FMX and changing the frames per second, then we as swf. We then use an actionscript to link the swf to our Flash MX intro/directory,
and when we export to test, we click on the button in the directory and the swf file comes up in Flash 6 at the default rate of 12 frames per second. What do we need to do to override the default Flash 6 player rate? Let me know. Regards, Steve.
Steve Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 05:40 AM   #4
farafiro
Addicted To FLASH

Send a message via MSN to farafiro Send a message via Yahoo to farafiro

Well, as u say it is just a PLAYER, so it takes the order how to PLAY the movie from the movie itself (the swf). So I think it's not a player problem
_____________________________________________GHANDI
farafiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: