Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 05-18-2007, 12:45 PM   #1
pdvk

Default Custom Video scrubber (not FLV) Flash

Hi,
I am trying to make a downloadable video for my company's site, and the video needs to be embedded inside the Flash file so that the users need to download only the swf created. (We have some text and graphics as well next to the actual video). I cannot use the flv option or the flv component buttons for this as this would mean that the users would need to download both flv and swf (we just want them to download the swf) or would need internet to play the video.(we want them to be able to play it offline)

While I have managed to add custom play, rewind and sound buttons, I cannot get the video scrubber to work...at present, my flash file contains:

- a .mov video imported into flash library
- the video put into a movieclip and placed on the main timeline

If anyone has any code that can make the video play backwards and forwards if the scrubber is moved back or forwards, and which is not flv related in anyway, could you please help?

Thanks very much!
pdvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:04 AM   #2
emailroy2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdvk View Post
Hi,
I am trying to make a downloadable video for my company's site, and the video needs to be embedded inside the Flash file so that the users need to download only the swf created. (We have some text and graphics as well next to the actual video). I cannot use the flv option or the flv component buttons for this as this would mean that the users would need to download both flv and swf (we just want them to download the swf) or would need internet to play the video.(we want them to be able to play it offline)

While I have managed to add custom play, rewind and sound buttons, I cannot get the video scrubber to work...at present, my flash file contains:

- a .mov video imported into flash library
- the video put into a movieclip and placed on the main timeline

If anyone has any code that can make the video play backwards and forwards if the scrubber is moved back or forwards, and which is not flv related in anyway, could you please help?

Thanks very much!
gotoandlearn.com - Lee Brimelow has posted a video tutorials on video scrubber in this site... it is proven helpful...
emailroy2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: