Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Flash General Questions > Flash 8 General Questions

Old 07-09-2007, 06:43 AM   #1
kprabakar

Question Handle Leaks in Flash Client, need guidance how to proceed

Hi,
I need help regarding handle leak issue. I have a Flash movie that parses XML from the server every 1 minute. The XML file is around 100- 200 KB. I m seeing that IE starts leaking handles, and when profiled, I see a lot of "token" handle leaks (more than 2000 handles leaks per day) ( My understanding on Token Handles: It is a handle to a security credential. Usually when IE connects to a server it tries to send the credentials of the logged in user. These credentials are seen as tokens in windows.) Are there any documented issues regarding this? If I keep IE open for a week, Flash will cause IE to either crash, or make the system unstable.. I have disabled all Toolbars (except Adobe PDF toolbar)..

I use HTTP to request XML data from Server. There is JSP Session ID based authentication to connect to server before running the SWF. How do I go ahead debugging? Thanks in advance.

Some details about the Flash Movie:
There are several Actionscript Verison 2 components in the movie all instances of whihc are created at runtime using actionscript. all of my code is in Actionscript 2 There is quite some XML parsing. There are not much animations in the movie (the movie more has to do with parsing the XML and representing it in the screen).
kprabakar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: