Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Flash In Action > Site Check

Old 07-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
michaelsillitoe
michaelsillitoe

Default fireflylighting

hi

what do you rekon, feedback greatly appreciated.

is the fullbrowser working for everyone properly?

http://www.fireflylightingdesign.com/

thanks very much

m.
michaelsillitoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
michaelsillitoe
michaelsillitoe

No responses, which is a bad sign...
So I made soem changes including altering the text and changing image resolutions etc. Just to make it load quicker.

I still need to get rid of the click to make active thing but that is on my list.

If anyone has comments good or bad. Then that would be great.

My client wanted the images that are fallling to be there all the time. I want to get rid of them once you are in a section. What do you rekon. I think its confusing.

Michael
Old 07-28-2007, 04:38 AM   #3
evride
2006 Man Of The Year

i dont like how fast the images go by in the background. a little distracting. could you instead use background images that fade in and fade out to change to different pics? and keep it dark so its not so distracting. and then the menu to change the picture, move it so its under the pictures that show up. or maybe just bring it up higher. i just dont like it in the lower left hand corner there. but if you fix those things i think it should be a great looking site.

the click to activate takes like 5 minutes to remove. just get it over with. you'll be so much happier.

and i noticed you posted a comment about widescreen monitors in best practices section. what i would do is create a javascript function and have flash check the screen size then call the javascript function to change the size of the swf.

i have created a blog that has its height changed using the external interface and javascript functions.

the actionscript would look like this
ActionScript Code:
import flash.external.ExternalInterface; Stage.scaleMode = "noScale"; Stage.align = "TC"; function fixSize() {     h = bottom;         //if you really want it to fit widescreen the width would be this:     w = (System.capabilities.screenResolutionX-18);     ExternalInterface.call("resize", h, w); } // and then when im done creating all the blog entries i call the function fixSize. like this fixSize();
the javascript function to resize and the swfObject (make sure to embed the js file for swfObject) code would look like this

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
		// <![CDATA[
		var so = new SWFObject("index.swf", "main", "700", "500", "8", "#000000");
		so.addVariable("flashVarText", "this is passed in via FlashVars for example only");
		so.addParam("scale", "noscale");
		so.addParam("align", "center");
		so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "sameDomain");
		so.write("flashcontent");
		function resize(h){
                //in getElementbyId i have main as the id which is the second property of the swfobject.
		document.getElementById('main').height = h;
		document.getElementbyId('main').width = w;
		}
		// ]]>
	</script>

Last edited by evride; 07-28-2007 at 04:57 AM.
evride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:41 PM   #4
michaelsillitoe
michaelsillitoe

hi,

thanks for the advice.

I will make some changes and see how it works out. Though the graphic style thing is a bit difficult as its for a client and they have their own thoughts, I hate people with their own thoughts!. So I kind of have my hands tied a bit )

Thanks for the advice on the widescreen issue too. i wil try it out when I get a chance and see if I can work through it. that is very good cross forum posting though.

Thanks very much
Michael

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: