Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 07-26-2007, 04:42 AM   #1
skinnykid

Default Large movie clip causing problems

Hi All,
I recently upgraded to Flash CS3 for Mac. Running on a new MacbookPro 2.4 GHz model. OS 10.4.10. (if any of that helps) I'm making a website with a scrolling side bar. The way I'm doing it is I have one really tall movie clip -107372005 px tall. And I change it's position under a mask to scroll. It seems I've gone over some kind of limit, because when I test the movie in Flash itself, The whole movie is black. When I try to open it in Flash Player, it crashes immediately. Anyone else run into this and know of a solution? I may just have to file a bug report, or maybe there is some kind of real limit that I have gone over.
skinnykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 07:52 AM   #2
raskolnikov

Send a message via MSN to raskolnikov Send a message via Yahoo to raskolnikov

why on earth do u want such a tall movie? i could imagine the difficulty of editing. why not make a duplicate movie to go on top? i am not sure the vertical limit of flash is but i wont be surprise there is a limit.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
Durnus

There most likely is, considering that it would be highly improbable for the flash developers would make a way to have such a big movie clip.

Seriously, you DO NOT need such a large clip. I can't even count the ways around it.

I also don't know the limit that flash has, but you might have passed it. It could also just be overflow, because the value is too large to hold in the space provided. Submit the bug report if you really want to, but they won't be obligated to do anything about it, considering it isn't much of a bug. :P Good luck!
Durnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:32 AM   #4
squall

You got a flash 33?? great!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: