Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 08-14-2007, 09:56 PM   #1
danee987

Question flv player won't even try to load video until after a minute

I have a baffling problem with flv playback. At my job we have a serve strictly for flv videos. We have dozens of videos on it. They all work fine. But there are 3 videos that flash refuses to even begin to load into the player only until after a minute or so has passed by. Once it actually tries to load the video it loads like any other video.

I have tried encoding it to low quality. I have moved it to like 3 different servers. They do the same on every server. It also does the same within the flash authoring environment. When I preview the flash file it is blank for abotu a minute and then the player loads and begins to load my video. I also made sure the videos didn't have blank space at their beginning.

My flash set up is simple. One frame with an flv player component dumped in, targetting the .flv file.

I have done this countless times and never had this problem. I have even done videos AFTER these 3 videos and it doesn't do this!! I have redone the video set up like 3 times and nothing. What could this be?? Could anyone help me?? I am running out of options and we need to get this done. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it.
danee987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
atomic
Banned by AS.org Staff

I have redone the video set up like 3 times and nothing...

Does that mean you tried re-converting the video to .flv?
atomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:58 PM   #3
danee987

yea i have re-encoded like 4 times already..differnet sizes, different quality. still the same behavior. and i have made larger higher quality videos after having this problem and those work fine and they are in the same exact server. so wierd.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:07 AM   #4
atomic
Banned by AS.org Staff

Well to me that points to the FLV's and/or to the videos themselves...

Are those original videos in the same video format as the others that work?

If you have that possibility, have you tried to edit one of those videos before re-encoding it?

By editing, I mean cutting off the begining of it, or the end of it, or only keeping some middle part, to see if it would then play correctly...
atomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:03 PM   #5
danee987

hmmm.......today I tried to first transcode the videos into another quicktime format, then covnerted to flv. And that actually improved it a bit.

now I have two videos which load at a decent time. one video is still acting up, taking over a minute to begin loading, but I just put a little loading animation on each fla and the client can at least see something moving before the videos load. so i was able to get away with that hehe.

such a wierd problem. o well at least i was able to improve on it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: