Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Flash In Action > Site Check

Old 11-26-2007, 01:11 AM   #1
fromchaos

Cool input wanted

http://www.chaostheorydesign.com/test/alpha%20cube.html this is a new site I am working on for myself, it is not complete yet, but it's coming along. Just thought I would see if I could get some input from people. Took al day to figure out the javascript code, so that it can get and send variables to the flash module, and also control the mc's. each link is a different mc that loads into a blank clip.

Like I said, any input would be great.

Thanks

From Chaos
fromchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:30 AM   #2
Flash Gordon
rather be programming

Nice job with the blocks, but the depths when they switch aren't true. Smaller blocks shouldn't be infront of larger ones. If you fix that it will look a lot better.

And the design of the navigation needs a little help.
Good job and keep going!
Old 11-26-2007, 01:44 AM   #3
Flash Gordon
rather be programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromchaos
on the site check with the cubes, I am confused with what you ment by the smaller cubes shouldn't be in front of the larger ones. could you explain a little more??? they are all the same size and only get larger and change levels when you mouse over them?? any imput would be great.

Thanks

From Chaos
Keep it in the forms....

When you mouse off a cube that is grown larger, immediately it swaps depths with the new cube that is growing. The old cube is larger yet it appears behind the new growing cube. This isn't true behavior in life, but it is your creation so maybe that is what you want.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:45 AM   #4
fromchaos

now that I look at it closer I see what you mean about the blocks. I will need to add a timer to delay it by a sec or so. I am still working on the nav part, not sure exactly where I am going to go with that, any idea's toss my way.

Thanks

FC
Old 11-26-2007, 01:49 AM   #5
Flash Gordon
rather be programming

compare the 2 cube scale values. When the growing cube's scale is larger than the shrinking cube's scale, then swap depths. Don't "timer" it.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:55 AM   #6
fromchaos

not sure how to do that?? they are all the same size, and when you mouse over one, it grows to 150% it's size, the ones in the background stay their original size.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:49 AM   #7
fromchaos

ok, take a look at it now. I changed the speed of the tween and the type of tween that is used when it bounces back. It looks pretty close to me, but please give me your opinion. I like the help, and thanks for that observation, I never noticed that until you pointed it out.

Thanks

From Chaos
Old 11-26-2007, 03:12 AM   #8
Flash Gordon
rather be programming

here is a very quick and dirty example, maybe it will help a little
ActionScript Code:
import fl.transitions.Tween; import fl.transitions.easing.*; import fl.transitions.TweenEvent; function decorate():Sprite {     var m:Sprite = new Sprite();     m.graphics.beginFill(Math.random()*0xFFFFFF);     m.graphics.drawRect(0, 0, 100, 100);     m.graphics.endFill();     return m; } var m1:Sprite = decorate(); var m2:Sprite = decorate(); addChild(m1); addChild(m2); m1.y = m2.y = 100; m1.x = 100; m2.x = 150; m2.scaleX = m2.scaleY = 1.50; m1.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OVER, over1); function over1(e:MouseEvent):void {     var t:Tween = new Tween(m1, "scaleX", Strong.easeOut, m1.scaleX, 1.5, 1.0, true);     var t2:Tween = new Tween(m2, "scaleX", Strong.easeOut, m2.scaleX, 1.0, 1.0, true);     t.addEventListener(TweenEvent.MOTION_CHANGE, tChange);     t2.addEventListener(TweenEvent.MOTION_CHANGE, t2Change); } function tChange(e:TweenEvent):void {     m1.scaleY = m1.scaleX;         // check the scale values     if (m1.scaleX > m2.scaleX && getChildIndex(m1) < getChildIndex(m2))     {         swapChildren(m1, m2); // swap them     } } function t2Change(e:TweenEvent):void {     m2.scaleY = m2.scaleX; }
Old 11-26-2007, 03:23 AM   #9
Flash Gordon
rather be programming

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromchaos View Post
ok, take a look at it now. I changed the speed of the tween and the type of tween that is used when it bounces back. It looks pretty close to me, but please give me your opinion. I like the help, and thanks for that observation, I never noticed that until you pointed it out.

Thanks

From Chaos
yea, looks pretty good.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:24 PM   #10
devilmaycry
DevilMayCry

Send a message via MSN to devilmaycry Send a message via Yahoo to devilmaycry

i like the idea of the cube navigation, dont know if its better but try instead to scale it try to move the cube up a little bit and the name of the section fades in ...

cheers
devilmaycry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: