Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 12-05-2007, 08:15 PM   #1
VertigoRay

Question AS3 Click events from a class file

I've got a problem with a flash application that should be very easy ... but is driving me nuts (new to AS3).

The buttons are animating over/out properly. That's not the problem. The problem is the CLICK Event. I have a button on the stage, we'll call it myButton. The symbol has linkage to the myButtonClass class (finds it successfully). The rollover events work properly, but I'm not able to get the gotoAndPlay function to work. What would that code be? everything I'm finding is saying to use:
ActionScript Code:
root.gotoAndPlay('go');
However, this is not working. Any thoughts?

In addition, I actually have multiple buttons on the stage, we'll call the other one myButton2. When I click myButton, I would like to disable the rollover events for it and lock it into an active color. By active I simply mean that I want the MOUSE_OVER color to stay and for it to disable the MOUSE_OUT event listener. I'm not really sure if there is an easy way to do this.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
VertigoRay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: