Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 03-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
rach236

Default Advice on converting xml to database(mysql)...

Hi I wanted to know if someone could give me some advice about the best way to go about something. I currently have a website with lots of photos on. At the moment I load these into flash from an xml document that I edit whenever I add new photos. I want to put all my photos into a database (probably mysql) and use some php to pass the info to flash. Eventually I want to create a page which can be edited by a user to add new entries to the database and delete old ones (rather than messing around with a huge xml file and a text editor).

I saw a tutorial where php is used to take the info from the database and writes an xml document which flash reads in. Is this a good way to do things? From my perspective this seems pretty simple as I wouldn't have to edit my flash just write some php to create the xml. As I need to learn the php I would rather do this the "right" way so any advice from any experts out there would be great.

Thanks
rach236 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: