Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 04-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
roytorres
Clueless

Default [F8] Sliding Rollover Panel.

1)Well here's what I figured out so far; got the panel to drop down when I rollover at a Ymouse of 70. However, I want to put an input form in the panel; but if the users mouse goes below a Ymouse of 70 the panel slides back-up.

So you say '"Well just make the Ymouse more than 70 or whatever the length of the form field"'

Here's the problem: I plan on putting a FullScreen button on my Main Stage (about 1/4 distance from the top).
When the user moves their mouse anywhere near that FS button, it's going to bring down the panel. I don't want that.

What I want is for the panel to slide back-up when the users mouse is at the bottom of the panel. Much like the claudiesong.com site.

2)I did a google search on how to create a down/disable button state. There were so many out there but none that I could understand without an actual working fla file. What I wanted to do is when the viewer first rolls over the panel; the "Helen Newman" title is already highlighted with content.
I created a movie clip button with an instance name of 'btn1', and another movie clip inside of that one with an instance name 'btnStates_mc' and inside of that is my timeline animation(which doesn't work when I place my button on the main stage). Could you please take a look at my fla file.

Am I making any sense?

Thanks for any help you can throw my way.
Attached Files
File Type: zip panel-drop.zip (10.1 KB, 128 views)
roytorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:52 PM   #2
roytorres
Clueless

Default [F8]Sliding Rollover Panel.

1)Well here's what I figured out so far; got the panel to drop down when I rollover at a Ymouse of 70. However, I want to put an input form in the panel; but if the users mouse goes below a Ymouse of 70 the panel slides back-up.

So you say '"Well just make the Ymouse more than 70 or whatever the length of the form field"'

Here's the problem: I plan on putting a FullScreen button on my Main Stage (about 1/4 distance from the top).
When the user moves their mouse anywhere near that FS button, it's going to bring down the panel. I don't want that.

What I want is for the panel to slide back-up when the users mouse is at the bottom of the panel. Much like the claudiesong.com site.

2)I did a google search on how to create a down/disable button state. There were so many out there but none that I could understand without an actual working fla file. What I wanted to do is when the viewer first rolls over the panel; the "Helen Newman" title is already highlighted with content.
I created a movie clip button with an instance name of 'btn1', and another movie clip inside of that one with an instance name 'btnStates_mc' and inside of that is my timeline animation(which doesn't work when I place my button on the main stage). Could you please take a look at my fla file.

Am I making any sense?

Attached Files
File Type: zip panel-drop.zip (10.1 KB, 91 views)
Old 04-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #3
sebitaz_88
pseudo-designer/developer

Send a message via MSN to sebitaz_88

the movie needs an .as to work..
and it isn't attached...
sebitaz_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 05:52 PM   #4
roytorres
Clueless

Default Sorry...here ya go.

http://hosted.zeh.com.br/mctween/downloads.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebitaz_88 View Post
the movie needs an .as to work..
and it isn't attached...
Old 04-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #5
roytorres
Clueless

Unhappy Rollover Panel help

Am I making any sense?

The '.as' can be found at: http://hosted.zeh.com.br/mctween/downloads.html
Attached Files
File Type: zip mc_tween_2_28_29.zip (54.5 KB, 113 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: