Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > ActionScript Forums Group > Simple Stuff (Newbies)

Old 05-07-2008, 05:38 AM   #1
aronfre

Default Problem with creating drop down menu!

Hello,

I am working with a flash website built out of a flash template, the complexity of the template exceeds my flash skills I have now encountered a problem with my menu.

My menu consists of six animations(menu buttons), on rollover of each of the menu buttons an animation starts and in the same way the animation ends on rollout, my problem is to make a new clickable button appear under one of the menu buttons on rollover. Well, I have tried and I can for example make a button appear under the first one of the menu buttons on rollover, but the button itself won't react on rollover as a normal button and therefore i can't make a link out of it.

Each of the menu buttons is originally linked to a page on-release but I am in need of more space and therefore have to fill out with drop down alternatives.

I am not really into actionscripting, please someone help me!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Help.zip (56.6 KB, 120 views)
aronfre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:17 AM   #2
atomic
Banned by AS.org Staff

The button handlers (rollOver, rollOut...) on the parent movie clip (one for example) are overriding nested buttons' actions...
Don't nest your added button in the parent mc, but make it a seperate mc, which becomes visible when the one mc is rolled over...
atomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
aronfre

Default Example

Thx for your respond but I would really appreciate a viewable example, have been stuck with this for some time now and my flash knowledge is just to poor

Last edited by aronfre; 05-07-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #4
atomic
Banned by AS.org Staff

If I can find a few minutes, I'll try to come up with an example... No promises though!
atomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #5
aronfre

Ok, I would really appreciate it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: