Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 05-13-2008, 06:37 PM   #1
njward

Default Scaling an Externally Loaded Flex app

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum (I've been reading this forum forever, but first post) and have a question about loading external flex apps into a parent/controller flex app using SWFLoader. I've searched the internet high and wide.

The child flex app (to be loaded into the controller app) is laid out for a certain dimension (778x450). When my controller app loads in the child app, the SWFLoader that does the loading is 100%x100% to honor browser resizing. When the SWFLoader component is resized, I want the child app to be *scaled* without the layout repositioning that would normally take place inside the child app. I simply want the entire appearance of the child app to be scaled down/up depending on the size of the SWFLoader.

I'm successfully doing this with a Flash 8 (as2) swf, with no problems, but the layout managers in flex dont seem to want to let me do this.

Is there an easy way to accomplish this with child flex apps aside from writing a resize function inside the child flex app that scales everything for me?

Btw, I'm running flex builder 3.

Thanks,
Nick
njward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 03:30 AM   #2
mattb

Have you tried changing SWFLoader.scaleContent and SWFLoader.maintainAspectRatio?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: