Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 07-22-2008, 09:49 PM   #1
insanepolak

Default Create something like Tilt2

I'm trying to make something like Tilt2.

I've got it to tilt moving left and right with the mouse.
But I'm having trouble getting it to tilt and at the same time move with the mouse.

Am I thinking the right way?
Any help would be great
Attached Files
File Type: zip tilt.zip (5.5 KB, 57 views)
insanepolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
rrh
throw a trace() in there

Two things you'll want to learn about:
Math.atan2(y,x)
Inverse Kinematics
rrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:02 PM   #3
insanepolak

Alright so I did some research and got something working.
ActionScript Code:
move = function () {     this._x = _xmouse;     this._y = _ymouse;     var distance_x = stick._x-this._x;     var distance_y = stick._y-this._y;     var alpha = Math.atan2(distance_y, distance_x);     stick._x = this._x+Math.cos(alpha)*totalDistance;     stick._y = this._y+Math.sin(alpha)*totalDistance;     stick._rotation = (Math.PI+alpha)*180/Math.PI;     trace(stick._rotation);     }; press = function () {     this.onMouseMove = move; }; release = function () {     delete this.onMouseMove; }; var totalDistance = 170; ball.onPress = press; ball.onRelease = release; ball.onReleaseOutside = release; ball.move = move;

Now I'm trying to get the stick to rotate around the ball until it points down, but I'm having trouble making a loop to rotate properly around the ball.

I tried to make the rotation point the origin of the stick at 0,0 but then the totalDistance is 0 which screws up the move function rotation.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:18 PM   #4
insanepolak

now I've made the ball the mouse, still trying to get the "balance" aspect working..

ActionScript Code:
onEnterFrame = function() {     ball._x = _xmouse;     ball._y = _ymouse;     ball.onMouseMove = move }; move = function () {     var totalDistance = 170;     this._x = _xmouse;     this._y = _ymouse;     var distance_x = stick._x-this._x;     var distance_y = stick._y-this._y;     var alpha = Math.atan2(distance_y, distance_x);     stick._x = this._x+Math.cos(alpha)*totalDistance;     stick._y = this._y+Math.sin(alpha)*totalDistance;     stick._rotation = (Math.PI+alpha)*180/Math.PI; }; var totalDistance = 170; ball.move = move;
Old 07-24-2008, 03:04 PM   #5
newblack
dondeEstanMisPantalones?

Send a message via AIM to newblack

i don't really like the end goal (tilt2)... i think that what makes it fun is the physics and they're at best crap. you could use a physics engine like box2d or try to write the equations of motion yourself. depending on how geeky you are the latter could be either horrible or fun.
newblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: