Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Extensions and Plugins > Components

Old 07-26-2008, 02:21 AM   #1
ModernMerlin

Default [AS2] Datagrid populating issue

I have been at this most of the day and no matter what I do I cant seem to get the datagrid to populate from the database through PHP.

I know the PHP works because I built a test page and passed the same value to it. It pulled up the long flash array it was supposed to with the echo.

Here is the ActionScript 2.0

ActionScript Code:
stop(); // define global styles and easing equations for the problems_cb ComboBox _global.style.setStyle("themeColor", "red"); _global.style.setStyle("fontFamily", "Verdana"); _global.style.setStyle("fontSize", 10); _global.style.setStyle("openEasing", mx.transitions.easing.Bounce.easeOut); //Getting the stuff for the datagrid var lvSend:LoadVars = new LoadVars(); var lvReceive:LoadVars = new LoadVars(); lvSend.tCityWhack = tCityWhack.getValue(); trace(lvSend.tCityWhack); lvSend.sendAndLoad("http://www.wizeguyzgamez.com/attack.php", lvReceive, "POST"); lvReceive.onLoad = function(success) { if (success) {             for (var i:Number=0; i < this.varNum; i++) {       attack.push(       {online:this["varOnline"+i], mobster:this["varName"+i],        button:this["dButton"+i], crew:this["dCrew"+i], net:this["varNet"+i]       });     } } }; dgMobster.setSize(470, 300); // set dataProvider for datagrid dgMobster.dataProvider = attack; // Add columns to grid and add data. dgMobster.addColumn("title"); dgMobster.addColumn("title"); dgMobster.addColumn("title"); dgMobster.addColumn("title"); dgMobster.addColumn("title"); // Make DataGrid non-editable. dgMobster.editable = false;     // set formatting of online column     // auto-sort will work fine for this column          dgMobster.getColumnAt(0).width = 45;          dgMobster.getColumnAt(0).headerText = "Online";     // set formatting of mobster column          dgMobster.getColumnAt(1).width = 125;     // trap header click event to sort case-insensitive on this field          //dgMobster.getColumnAt(2).sortOnHeaderRelease = false;     // this property will keep track of whether sort is ascending or descending          dgMobster.getColumnAt(1).sortedUp = false;          dgMobster.getColumnAt(1).headerText = "Mobster";     // set formatting of button column          dgMobster.getColumnAt(2).width = 75;     // trap header click event to sort numerically          dgMobster.getColumnAt(2).sortOnHeaderRelease = false;          //dgMobster.getColumnAt(3).sortedUp = false;          dgMobster.getColumnAt(2).headerText = "Button Men";     // set formatting of crew column          dgMobster.getColumnAt(3).width = 75;     // trap header click event to sort numerically          //dgMobster.getColumnAt(4).sortOnHeaderRelease = false;          //dgMobster.getColumnAt(4).sortedUp = false;          dgMobster.getColumnAt(3).headerText = "Crew";     // set formatting of net column          dgMobster.getColumnAt(4).width = 75;     // trap header click event to sort numerically          //dgMobster.getColumnAt(5).sortOnHeaderRelease = false;          //dgMobster.getColumnAt(5).sortedUp = false;         dgMobster.getColumnAt(4).headerText = "Networth";

Any help would be great! Thanks!

MM
ModernMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:36 PM   #2
ModernMerlin

Question [AS2] Datagrid population...

I am trying to populate a datagrid using AS 2.0 and MySQL by way of PHP The Actionsript goes to the php and pulls the data from the database (I have tested it both with PHP and trace once it comes back to flash). The use is in populating the datagrid from the array. Not sure what I am doing wrong here but if someone could look at my code and give me a hint that would be great!
Thanks!

MM

ActionScript Code:
stop(); // define global styles and easing equations for the problems_cb ComboBox _global.style.setStyle("themeColor", "red"); _global.style.setStyle("fontFamily", "Verdana"); _global.style.setStyle("fontSize", 10); _global.style.setStyle("openEasing", mx.transitions.easing.Bounce.easeOut); //Getting the stuff for the datagrid var lvSend:LoadVars = new LoadVars(); var lvReceive:LoadVars = new LoadVars(); lvSend.tCityWhack = tCityWhack.getValue(); trace(lvSend.tCityWhack); lvSend.sendAndLoad("http://www.mydomain.com/attack.php", lvReceive, "POST"); lvReceive.onLoad = function(success) { trace(this.varNum); }; dgMobster.setSize(470, 300); // Add columns to grid and add data. dgMobster.addColumn("title"); dgMobster.addColumn("title"); dgMobster.addColumn("title"); dgMobster.addColumn("title"); dgMobster.addColumn("title"); // Make DataGrid non-editable. dgMobster.editable = false; // set formatting of online column // auto-sort will work fine for this column dgMobster.getColumnAt(0).width = 45; dgMobster.getColumnAt(0).headerText = "Online"; // set formatting of mobster column dgMobster.getColumnAt(1).width = 125; // trap header click event to sort case-insensitive on this field //dgMobster.getColumnAt(2).sortOnHeaderRelease = false; // this property will keep track of whether sort is ascending or descending dgMobster.getColumnAt(1).sortedUp = false; dgMobster.getColumnAt(1).headerText = "Mobster"; // set formatting of button column dgMobster.getColumnAt(2).width = 75; // trap header click event to sort numerically dgMobster.getColumnAt(2).sortOnHeaderRelease = false; //dgMobster.getColumnAt(3).sortedUp = false; dgMobster.getColumnAt(2).headerText = "Button Men"; // set formatting of crew column dgMobster.getColumnAt(3).width = 75; // trap header click event to sort numerically //dgMobster.getColumnAt(4).sortOnHeaderRelease = false; //dgMobster.getColumnAt(4).sortedUp = false; dgMobster.getColumnAt(3).headerText = "Crew"; // set formatting of net column dgMobster.getColumnAt(4).width = 75; // trap header click event to sort numerically //dgMobster.getColumnAt(5).sortOnHeaderRelease = false; //dgMobster.getColumnAt(5).sortedUp = false; dgMobster.getColumnAt(4).headerText = "Networth"; if (success) { for (var i:Number=0; i < this.varNum; i++) { dgMobster.addItem({Online:this.varOnline, Mobster:this.varName, Button:this.dbutton, Crew:this.dcrew, Networth:this.varNet}); } }
Old 07-28-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
ModernMerlin

Ok after 5 days of looking at it crossed eyed and getting some sleep LOL I figured it out. I needed to assign my variables before trying to put them into the grid... UGH!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: