Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 08-29-2008, 09:29 AM   #1
maani786

Default problem with bitmapdata and bytearray

hi to all
i have a movieclip name container which contains a UILoader named ldr and i am loading dynamic image to ldr. then i want some changes to that image like ldr.blendmode="difference" and "flip horizontal and vertical".
all things are going smooth and i also view changes but when i am going to save the movieclip content as jpg image through php script. the same original images saved.
here is flash script that collects bitmap data and pass it to php script
ActionScript Code:
function saveImage(img:MovieClip, q:Number, fileName:String="image.jpg") {     var jpg:BitmapData = new BitmapData(m.width, m.height);     jpg.draw(img);     var jpegEncoder:JPGEncoder = new JPGEncoder(q);     var jpgStream:ByteArray = jpegEncoder.encode(jpg);     var header:URLRequestHeader = new URLRequestHeader ("Content-type", "application/octet-stream");     var jpgURLRequest:URLRequest = new URLRequest ("saveImage.php?name=" + fileName);               jpgURLRequest.requestHeaders.push(header);            jpgURLRequest.method = URLRequestMethod.POST;                 jpgURLRequest.data = jpgStream;     var jpgURLLoader:URLLoader = new URLLoader();     jpgURLLoader.dataFormat = URLLoaderDataFormat.VARIABLES;     jpgURLLoader.addEventListener( Event.COMPLETE, successHandler );     jpgURLLoader.addEventListener( IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, failureHandler );     jpgURLLoader.load( jpgURLRequest ); }

any idea or any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
..maani
maani786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:41 AM   #2
wvxvw
Holosuit User

Send a message via ICQ to wvxvw

>> jpg.draw(img);
You need to use the second argument (Matrix) to draw transformed clip into bitmapData, here's an example:
ActionScript Code:
var sourceBMP:BitmapData = new BitmapData(12, 12, false, 0xDDDDDD); sourceBMP.fillRect(new Rectangle(0, 0, 6, 6), 0xAAAAAA); sourceBMP.fillRect(new Rectangle(6, 6, 6, 6), 0xAAAAAA); var sourceSPR:Sprite = new Sprite(); sourceSPR.graphics.beginBitmapFill(sourceBMP); sourceSPR.graphics.drawRect(0, 0, 200, 200); sourceSPR.graphics.endFill(); sourceSPR.rotation = 45; addChild(sourceSPR); var resultBMP:BitmapData = new BitmapData(sourceSPR.width, sourceSPR.height, false, 0xFF); var mtx:Matrix = sourceSPR.transform.matrix.clone(); mtx.translate(sourceSPR.getBounds(sourceSPR).height * Math.sin(Math.PI / 4), 0); resultBMP.draw(sourceSPR, mtx); var bitmap:Bitmap = new Bitmap(resultBMP); bitmap.x = 200; addChild(bitmap);
wvxvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:37 AM   #3
maani786

dear wvxvw
thanks for your quick responce
sorry to say i didnot understand your code in my context..

try to understand my requirements:

1) my source is img:MovieClip (first argument to save Image method)
2) i need to draw it with bitmapdata.draw method.

let me send you some code in detail
there is rectangle converted into movieclip named container there is loader named ldr and then i add it to container
ActionScript Code:
var ldr:UILoader = new UILoader(); ldr.load(new URLRequest("flower.jpg"); container.addChild(ldr);

there are three buttons blendmode_diff, flip_horizantol and flip_vertical
ActionScript Code:
blendmode_diff.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, differenceBlendMode); flip_horizantol.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, flipHorizontal); flip_vertical.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, flipVertical); function differenceBlendMode(evt:MouseEvent):void {     container.blendMode = "difference"; } function flipHorizontal(evt:MouseEvent):void {     var matrix:Matrix = container.transform.matrix;     matrix.a=-matrix.a;     matrix.tx=container.x+container.width;     container.transform.matrix=matrix; }       function flipVertical(evt:MouseEvent):void {         var matrix:Matrix = container.transform.matrix;     matrix.d=-matrix.d;     matrix.ty=container.y+container.height;     container.transform.matrix=matrix; }
then i have a save button
ActionScript Code:
save_Image.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, saveImageListener); function saveImageListener(evt:MouseEvent):void { saveImage(container, 85); } function saveImage(img:MovieClip, q:Number, fileName:String="image.jpg") {     var jpg:BitmapData = new BitmapData(m.width, m.height);     jpg.draw(img);     var jpegEncoder:JPGEncoder = new JPGEncoder(q);     var jpgStream:ByteArray = jpegEncoder.encode(jpg);     var header:URLRequestHeader = new URLRequestHeader ("Content-type", "application/octet-stream");     var jpgURLRequest:URLRequest = new URLRequest ("saveImage.php?name="+fileName);           jpgURLRequest.requestHeaders.push(header);            jpgURLRequest.method = URLRequestMethod.POST;                 jpgURLRequest.data = jpgStream;     var jpgURLLoader:URLLoader = new URLLoader();     jpgURLLoader.dataFormat = URLLoaderDataFormat.VARIABLES;     jpgURLLoader.addEventListener( Event.COMPLETE, successHandler );     jpgURLLoader.addEventListener( IOErrorEvent.IO_ERROR, failureHandler );     jpgURLLoader.load( jpgURLRequest ); }

now kindly tell me how to make changes in saveImage function. write your saveImage function for this code.
thanks
..maani
Old 08-29-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
wvxvw
Holosuit User

>> 2) i need to draw it with bitmapdata.draw method.
This is exactly where the problem is. When you execute draw() you don't pass it all the parameters that it needs to draw transformed clip.
The mandatory parameter for draw() is the drawable object, the rest goes like this:
matrix (the distortion you want to apply to the drawing before it is copied into bitmapdata)
colorTransform (the color transformation you want to apply to the pixels copied to the bitmapdata)
blendMode (the blendMode you want to use when adding new pixels to allready existing bitmapdata content)
rectangle what rectangular area from the drawable object you want to copy
smoothing the way Flash will calculate color values when resizing source drawable object before writting it into bitmapdata).
Unless you cpecify those the drawable object you pass to draw() method will be copied into bitmapdata as if it was not transformed (nor distortion neither color changes or blending mode will preserve).
If you had only distorted the object, then you could simply add it to container and draw the container instead, thus not having to recalculate transformation matrix. Unfortunately, you need to copy it and apply a different blendMode (it won't remain when drawing the container) so, you'll have to use drawable object blendMode when drawing it into bitmap.)

Last edited by wvxvw; 08-29-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
maani786

got your point..
thanks a lot for your responce.
take care

..maani

Last edited by maani786; 08-29-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:29 AM   #6
wvxvw
Holosuit User

ActionScript Code:
var avatar:BitmapData = new Avatar(300, 321); var avatarBMP:Bitmap = new Bitmap(avatar); avatarBMP.blendMode = BlendMode.MULTIPLY; var avatarSPRT:Sprite = new Sprite(); avatarSPRT.graphics.beginFill(0xFF0000); avatarSPRT.graphics.drawRect(0, 0, 300, 321); avatarSPRT.graphics.endFill(); avatarSPRT.addChild(avatarBMP); avatarSPRT.rotation = 45; avatarSPRT.width = 321; avatarSPRT.x = avatarSPRT.getBounds(avatarSPRT).height * Math.sin(Math.PI / 4); addChild(avatarSPRT); var resultBMPD:BitmapData = saveImage(avatarSPRT); var resultBMP:Bitmap = new Bitmap(resultBMPD); resultBMP.x = avatarSPRT.width; addChild(resultBMP); function saveImage(img:IBitmapDrawable):BitmapData {     var jpg:BitmapData = new BitmapData((img as DisplayObject).width, (img as DisplayObject).height);     var mtx:Matrix = (img as DisplayObject).transform.matrix.clone();     jpg.draw(img, mtx); // see the different result when you change     // it to be jpg.draw(img);     return jpg; }
Attached Files
File Type: zip Untitled-1.zip (24.1 KB, 157 views)
Old 08-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #7
maani786

what is Avatar()?????
var avatar:BitmapData = new Avatar(300, 321);
Old 08-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #8
wvxvw
Holosuit User

I've attached FLA for this, it's the Class assigned to the bitmap in the library =)
Old 09-02-2008, 04:08 AM   #9
maani786

yes i got it
thanks

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: