Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 04-19-2001, 03:35 PM   #1
ita

Send a message via ICQ to ita

Hello, there!

I would appreciate your comments on the shocked version of >:icorp. web factory website (http://www.icorp.com.br/main2.html). Although it's in Portuguese, I would like to hear about the navigation.

Bear in mind that, for this site, we tried different things that we'd probably never use with real clients: non-conventional navigation... ultrahip graphics... high bandwidth loading time... and so on.

Hope to hear from you soon,

ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 09:18 PM   #2
tiffany2577

i really like the navigation... its an interesting break from the norm.

its alittle hard to know where to click (i only used the one side at first) perhaps if you had something on the blocks with links to bring more attention to it... like and arrow or have them jump a bit.

tiffany
tiffany2577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 10:03 PM   #3
ita

Quote:
Originally posted by tiffany2577
i really like the navigation... its an interesting break from the norm.

its alittle hard to know where to click (i only used the one side at first) perhaps if you had something on the blocks with links to bring more attention to it... like and arrow or have them jump a bit.

tiffany
Thank you for the compliment! We sure tried to have something different from the usual navigation you'd find on the web!

Regarding the difficulty of knowing where to click, I think this *somewhat* intentional: considering that, when the you first enter the site, the only thing you see is this cube, NOT knowing where to click induces you to check the cube. See my point?

On the other hand, it could be really annoying to have the users "guessing" all the time how to navigate, so, once you move the mouse over the cube, the little "blue sign" goes up, telling which part of the site that link will take to.

Old 04-28-2001, 09:21 PM   #4
kaska

Send a message via Yahoo to kaska
Default Eu amo-o!

I'm not a designer at all, but I do have the smallest attention span on the planet, and your loaders kept me occupied enough to wait through them (which, granted, was only 10 seconds max on a cable modem). I really like the navigation- it's extremely simple to use, yet much more interesting than the average work...

really nice job!
kaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2001, 05:54 PM   #5
ggggg

Default new way

You try to go new ways in
navigation, I like this,
but it is maybe a bit to
small to reach also the
points laying in back,
so maybe the navigation should
onclick come to front?

I am Designstudent and I
really like the graphics

>>Georg
http://www.8ung.at/ggggg
[email protected]
ggggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2001, 02:11 PM   #6
ita

Default >:icorp. has been listed!

I just thought that you would like to know that the site in question has been listed at Cool Web Design (http://www.cwd.dk)! It's worth it paying a visit!

Cheers!

Old 06-28-2001, 07:52 PM   #7
olganunes

I liked it-- I agree about maybe adding a tiny bit more contrast to the blocks you can click on on the cube, and maybe intitially having an animation (for the not-so-bright-folks) that pops up at the beginning with a "click here" or some such pandering nonsense. I loved the preloader dancing blocks, and I was also entertained long enough not to leave.

good job.
olga
olganunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2001, 03:07 PM   #8
ita

Quote:
Originally posted by olganunes
I liked it-- I agree about maybe adding a tiny bit more contrast to the blocks you can click on on the cube, and maybe intitially having an animation (for the not-so-bright-folks) that pops up at the beginning with a "click here" or some such pandering nonsense. I loved the preloader dancing blocks, and I was also entertained long enough not to leave.

good job.
olga
Thank you for your kind comments! Concerning the contrast of the "clickable", where didn't worry too much about it because the overall size of the cube is not really big... and there is a little clue: when you first enter the site, a little "menu" sign shows up.

The other issue that made us not worry about contrast is that we have a "lightweight" HTML version of the site (www.icorp.com.br), so we're basically using the Flash version to contact the Agencies, where the page is usually viewed in a MAC (great resolution, good color/contrast calibration)!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: