Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Flex > Flex 2, 3 & 4

Old 09-12-2008, 11:10 AM   #1
brixel

Default Datagrid itemRenderer Image Distorts After Scrolling

Hey guys,

Have a strange problem ( Flex 3 ) where an image I use in a custom cell renderer inside my datagrid becomes distorted after scrolling. I've attached a screen shot of the result.

When the grid is first rendered everything looks correct, but as I scroll it seems to ignore the image size, which is being forced to the correct size in the updateDisplayList override.

I've tried all kinds of things to try and force the size, but no matter what I do for some reason it wants to expand the size after scrolling. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.gif
Views:	301
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	29156  
brixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:24 PM   #2
brixel

UPDATE:

I discovered the issue. I was using a SWF as my image source, which is fine, but the image inside the SWF was not the same size I was setting the container. It's like it was ignoring the fact that the SWF was compiled to the correct size and only treating the asset inside as the visible object.

After forcing the image inside to the correct size the rendering was correct on scroll - still strange that the itemRenderer is behaving this way and that it rendered correctly on the initial load.

So just make sure your sizing is maintained all the way through if your going to use an image inside a SWF, then use that SWF as your image source for your renderer.
brixel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: