Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > Flash General Questions > Flash 8 General Questions

Old 09-23-2008, 05:59 PM   #1
Stezo_15

Default Problems with displaying flash website on Mac Safari

Hi,

I just created my first Flash website using Flash 8, www.dancingtreegraphics.com.

I developed the website using my PC. Everything seems to work fine. However, I have my client advising me that MAC users are having issues with viewing the website: pictures not centering (see or not being able to view the website at all. I have been advised that most of the users have updated their browsers.

I tested the website on my PC on 3 different browsers (IE7, Safari, Firefox) before it went online. It seems to work fine for me.

Does anyone know of any inconsistencies with Flash websites displaying differently on MAC Safari or IE7?

Any suggestions or advice would help and be appreciated. (Any suggestible coding improvements would definitely help, too!)

Thanks,

Ray
Stezo_15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
idlehunter

Default It might be the Fonts

I was troubleshooting my site and had the same error. I probably wouldn't have caught it if one of my fonts wasn't Microsoft sans serif. Macs probably don't have that one on the O/S automatically.
I converted all of my text to symbols to get rid of the fonts altogether. However, I did change a few other things, so that might not be the case. But worth a try.
Hope it works.
idlehunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: