Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 11-15-2008, 11:05 PM   #1
tazboy

Default Update and database problem

I have a contact program that has an attached database. It works and all is fine there. When I made an updated version of that application I included the database again. So after applying the update the old database was erased by the new one that was in the update. Which I guess makes sense.

An issue arises when I don't include a database in the updated version. The old database just gets erased. You would think it would just leave it alone so that I could continue to use it.

I've looked for several hours and can't find a solution to this problem. I would like a user to be able to update my application and have the user's original database still be there. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks for any suggestions.
tazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
Peter Cowling
quantum tunneler

I think that the reason why you have not got an answer is that you have made it too difficult to provide one...

Clarifying:
  • The program is an Air program?
  • You are releasing an updated version of the program, and want to somehow keep some/all (which one of those please) of the information contained within the old one?

Also: do you have any code?
Peter Cowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:33 AM   #3
happyham57

What kind of database is it? Have you tried just adding new items to the database instead of replacing the entire database file?
happyham57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: