Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 12-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
asscripter

Default [AS3] Show boundary around image?

Hi, I am loading an image onto one movieclip on the stage, from an external url. Now i'm wanted to show a boundary (thin stroke) around the image, so that it is added onto the same Movieclip where image is loaded. How can i do the same as AS3?
asscripter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #2
tBeck

You can do that by creating a rectangle around it, here is a quick script I came up with; just paste it into flash (as3) to see how it works.

ActionScript Code:
// flash imports required for this example import flash.net.*; import flash.events.*; import flash.display.*; // first we create a loader object, which will // load our image, then we wait till it loads // which we then add it to the movieclip, once // its added to the movieclip, we add that to the stage. // afterwards, we call mcstroke which adds a stroke // in the same movieclip as the loader object var l:Loader = new Loader(); var mc:MovieClip = new MovieClip(); l.load(new URLRequest("http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/images/image-2.jpg")); l.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE,imageLoaded); function mcStroke(mc:MovieClip,clr:int=0x888888, thickness:int=5,alpha:int=1){  var sprStroke:Sprite = new Sprite();  mc.addChild(sprStroke);  sprStroke.graphics.lineStyle(thickness,clr,alpha);  var r:Rectangle = (mc.getRect(sprStroke));  sprStroke.graphics.drawRect(r.x,r.y,r.width,r.height); } function imageLoaded(e:Event):void{  // add to the stage  mc.addChild(l);  stage.addChild(mc);    // downsize image  mc.width=300;  mc.height=250;    // center the image  mc.x = (stage.stageWidth/2-(mc.width/2));  mc.y = (stage.stageHeight/2-(mc.height/2));  mcStroke(mc);   }
tBeck is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: