Company: Shaw Phillips Learning Associates, Inc.
Job Level: Freelancer
Field: Interactive Programming
Job Functions: Flash ActionScript 2.0, PHP, MySQL, XML (Back-end Database)
We are looking for a Senior Programmer to work on our existing web-based user interface. He/She is an authority in User Interface and User Experience within the context of application development, specifically Flash Design/Development for our interactive product.
A Senior Programmer translates requirements into detailed application specifications using best practices such as object-oriented design and a sound knowledge of the software design lifecycle. He/she may be responsible for some Flash layout controls, interactions, and animation of user interfaces.
In addition to these responsibilities, the Senior Programmer will provide solution, application, and/or services architecture recommendations.
The Senior Programmer may also provide technical guidance during any future design process, not only bringing awareness to constraints, but also applying their creative thinking and problem solving abilities to create opportunities for innovation.
To be considered, candidates must demonstrate user interface and/or application development expertise and have professional experience delivering a commercial release in the following domains/technologies:
Experience with rich user interfaces, object-oriented design, data modeling, application development, and taking projects through an entire software release lifecycle is preferred. Ideal candidates will also have a portfolio of their recent work history showcasing successful software releases (particularly those which used Flash driven development) and demonstrate a passion for current technology trends and best practices.
Bachelors degree in graphic/interactive design or equal experience is required.
You can see our product online at www.ICanWriteOnline.com
• 4-6+ years of professional experience designing and developing web-based applications with rich user interfaces in Flash.
• Expert-level implementation skills of the technologies listed above
• XML/external and/or PHP/external dynamic data integration
• Up to date with latest technologies and innovative solutions to problems
• Strong debugging and optimization abilities
• Convincingly generate substantiated strategic technology and architecture recommendations
• Ability to lead tasks throughout the project lifecycle
• Willingness to define and document best practices and contribute to knowledge sharing efforts
• Experience translating requirements into object-oriented applications or dynamic websites
Please send your CV, resume and a link to your online portfolio.
Mping (at) mac (dot) com