Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 03-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
Jeremy B

Default Accessing flv files stored on FMS?

Hello,

I'm working on a project that allows users to record videos using FMS. After recording the .flv file and saving it on the FMS, I would like to give that flv file to another non-Flash application to extract the audio data from it and save it as a separate .wav file.

My question is, how can I give my audio extracting application access to the flv files that have been recorded on the FMS? I'm using a very basic PHP script to execute the audio extracting program (which works fine).

I'm sorry if this sounds confusing. Basically, is there any way to manipulate the flv files stored on a FMS without using ActionScript? Or is there some workaround I can do that would solve this problem? (File copying, etc). Any and all suggestions would be very appreciated. I will attempt to provide more details if needed.

I'm using a combination of Flash, FMS, PHP, MySQL, Apache, and Java, if that helps any.

Thanks for your time!
Jeremy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:06 AM   #2
lg101

u can change the applicaitions directory in fms.ini to point to a folder on the webserver so that you can have direct access to the fivs created.

now your php file can directly access the flv files.
lg101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
Jeremy B

Awesome! I can't believe I didn't think of doing that.

Thanks a lot!
Jeremy B is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: