Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 03-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #1
kaytookreations
Kaytoo

Default Windows Startup problem for Flash AS3 exe projector file

Hi everyone

I am really hoping someone can help me with this BIG problem.

I have created a fully XML driven Flash AS3 projector file (exe) for a touch screen Kiosk application.

Because it is for a touch screen Kiosk, the exe file needs to run automatically when the Kiosk is switched on and windows XP boots up.

I have placed a shortcut to the application in the windows startup folder, and it runs, but there are very big problems;

- firstly the Flash AS3 full screen command is ignored and it pops back into it's own window. Below is the script I have used (the older fscommand fullscreen = "true" is also ignored at this point too). I was able to make it go back to full screen by duplicating the code 30 frames later.

ActionScript Code:
import flash.display.StageDisplayState; stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN;

- secondly, the application runs with sporadic problems - different problems every time I re-boot the computer and test it including animation stopping (but never in the same spot), and it still pops back to it's own window when it wants to

- eventually the external XML stops being loaded and comboBox dropdown menus dissapear.

Please note that if you simply double click on the exe file after the Kiosk is booted, my application runs with no problems at all.

....but the client wants it to run on startup like most other Kiosk applications.

Can anyone help? Has anyone worked through this issue before?

Are there any known problems with using externally loaded XML content into a Flash exe projector file - whilst trying to make it run through windows startup?

Please let me know if you have any ideas or know what is going wrong with this.

Thanks in advance....

Kaytoo
kaytookreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:46 AM   #2
alanasaurus
Genius in training

I'm having the same issue with an AS2 exe file...I've tried delaying the fullscreen command, auto-hiding the taskbar, but nothing is letting the program act as if I had simply opened the file normally on startup. Have you figured out any info on this since you posted it?
alanasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: