Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press

Go Back   ActionScript.org Forums > ActionScript Forums Group > Simple Stuff (Newbies)

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-27-2001, 05:43 PM   #1
apotropaic

This is more or less from my last question I asked. I got an awesome response form jesse that totally helped me. But I need help with a similer problem. last time I was talking about the u2.com site. And at the very top right they have their menu system and when you move your mouse over one of the small buttons animated text appears. Well, my first instinct was to make all of those static animations. But now after seeing the tutorial about dynamic text you have on this website, I really wanted to go that way. The dynamic animation I'm talking about is the one that reads a variable then and then duplicated the movie clip of an animated letter... it can be found here: http://www.actionscripts.org/tutoria...pt/index.shtml

My REAL question is this. My movie is similer to this one. So if you could show me what to do for this one I'm sure I could figure it out for mine. I want to have it so that when they move their mouse over one of the buttons, it sets a variable with the buttons name and some how triggers the animation. And that variable is the variable that the dynamic animations read off of. thanks so much for all and any help. I appreciate it!

andrew
apotropaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2001, 09:50 AM   #2
Jesse
ActionScript.org Founder

Going through answerring old threads. Sorry for the delay, I've made a sample file for you which you should be able to incorporate into the code I orriginally gave you:

http://www.actionscripts.org/help/apotropaic

Cheers

Jesse

Keywords: animate text tutorial repeat within movie clip

Jesse Stratford
ActionScript.org Cofounder

Please don't email or PM me Flash questions, that's what the Forums are for!

Please don't rely on me reading my PMs either. Email me about important stuff.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: