Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 05-22-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
angerbee

Default Canvas{Label.enabled} is reversed?

Wow, I cannot figure this out. I have attempted to use buttonMode=true along with useHandCursor=true quite a bit - and I would say it works about 25% of the time. Most of the item I assign them to are clickable, but the handcursor rarely ever works. So on this last project I am working on, I decided to use disabled-color for some items that are not ready for use yet. So when I set the labels.enabled to false, they remain clickable, but magically the handcursor starts working!

How do I get the handcursor to work properly, and why would enabled = false not work?

ActionScript Code:
<mx:Canvas x="58" y="73" width="450" height="150">                     <mx:Image x="0" y="0" source="Assets/Images/thumb_250.jpg"  width="263" height="150" alpha="1" autoLoad="true" buttonMode="true" useHandCursor="true" click="mediaFire(event);" name="MEDIA.LONG"/>                     <mx:Label x="384" y="76" text="LONG" styleName="ContentFrameSubTitle" buttonMode="true" useHandCursor="true" click="mediaFire(event);" name="MEDIA.LONG"/>                     <mx:Label x="371" y="112" text="SHORT" styleName="ContentFrameSubTitle" buttonMode="true" useHandCursor="true" click="mediaFire(event);" name="MEDIA.SHORT" enabled="false" />                     <mx:Label x="379" y="10" text="MEDIA" styleName="ContentFrameTitle"/>                 </mx:Canvas>
ActionScript Code:
<mx:Style> .ContentFrameSubTitle {             font-size: 18;             disabled-color: #808184;         } </mx:Style>
angerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:31 AM   #2
JeTSpice

that's a weird one.

if you change it from mx:Label to mx:LinkButton it seems to work more consistently. then you have the rollOverColor to concern with, but you might cheat and make the rollOverColor the same as the background.
JeTSpice is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: