Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 06-01-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
shakazulu89

Default Emailing Flex Component

EDIT: oops didnt mean to post here.. supposed to be in actionscript 3 :P

hello

need help with something

im trying to send an Invoice popup window (titlewindow) through email

now i understand that there is no way to send email through flex.. so my server side script is in C#

ive tried through a webservice but the problem im running into is that the html body of the email wont accept the image or byte array or string (these are the formats ive tried) .. all the help ive found on the subject are when you have a specific file on a physical path that you attach to the email..
i dont have a physical file all i have is the image varaible containing the invoice window..

so basically i want to know how i can send this titlewindow to c# and from there to an email.. either as attachment or in the body..

i hope ive managed to describe my problem properly...

thanks for any help and please ask questions if more (or better) explanation is needed
shakazulu89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
shakazulu89

Default Send flex component in Email

hello

need help with something

im trying to send an Invoice popup window (titlewindow) through email

now i understand that there is no way to send email through flex.. so my server side script is in C#

ive tried through a webservice but the problem im running into is that the html body of the email wont accept the image or byte array or string (these are the formats ive tried) .. all the help ive found on the subject are when you have a specific file on a physical path that you attach to the email..
i dont have a physical file all i have is the image varaible containing the invoice window..

so basically i want to know how i can send this titlewindow to c# and from there to an email.. either as attachment or in the body..

i hope ive managed to describe my problem properly...

thanks for any help and please ask questions if more (or better) explanation is needed
shakazulu89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:39 AM   #3
JeTSpice

do you mean that an email is automatically sent somewhere? or do you mean that Flex opens up the user's email application. Probably the first, right?
JeTSpice is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: