Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 09-24-2009, 03:31 PM   #1
Darksydaz

Send a message via AIM to Darksydaz Send a message via MSN to Darksydaz Send a message via Yahoo to Darksydaz
Default [AS3] movieclip character animation troubles

ok... i have one huge issue... I'm using a movieclip with several movieclips as part of my animation. Each one has a frame label and is referenced to by the script.

inside the movieclip"Aurora"

the Code below works on a key press function... which is on a EnterFrame function. I'm assuming that's why it's seemingly stopping on the first frame. but i don't know what i could use to make it animate smoothly (like make it animate the rest of the frames.

ActionScript Code:
function Controller2(e:Event) {     if (keyui.isDown(up)) {     } else if (keyui.isDown(down)) {     }     if (keyui.isDown(left)) {         Xmotion = 0-wSpeed;         cWalking = true;         Rdirect = false;     if ((Rdirect == false)||(cWalking == true)) {             charaMove();         }     } else if (keyui.isDown(right)) {         Xmotion = wSpeed;         cWalking = true;         Rdirect = true;         if ((Rdirect == true)||(cWalking == true)) {             charaMove();         }     } else {         Xmotion *= xFric;         cWalking = false;         if ((Rdirect == true)||(cWalking == false)) {             charaMove();         }     } }

ActionScript Code:
function charaMove():void {     if (cWalking == true) {         if (Rdirect == true) {             Aurora.gotoAndPlay("aurwkrt")         } else {             Aurora.gotoAndPlay("aurwklt")         }     } else {         if (Rdirect == true) {             Aurora.gotoAndPlay("aurrt")         } else {             Aurora.gotoAndPlay("aurlt")         }     } }

Anyone with Animation tips for moving and showing animation in characters, please let me know... , i'm stuck here... if examples are needed then i'll post one...
Darksydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:28 PM   #2
Darksydaz

Send a message via AIM to Darksydaz Send a message via MSN to Darksydaz Send a message via Yahoo to Darksydaz

OK... i've done alot more research... and what i'm looking for is called states... i'm trying to change the state of the character, each one has a 6 frame animation, and it's stuck running the first frame. I'm working on creating my own engine and i'm trying to change the state of the character as buttons are pressed...

If someone could lead me to a tutorial or offer support on this subject, it would be much appreciated... thank you...
Darksydaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: