> 		<etternavn>Helge</etternavn>
> 		<epost>[email protected]</epost>
> 		<mobil>[email protected]</mobil>
> 		<samtykkeepost>0</samtykkeepost>
> 		<samtykkekonkurranse>1</samtykkekonkurranse>
> 		<status>1</status>
> 	</vervet>
> </vervelst>
With my code I can trace out what is important to me, that's the status and epost nodes!

I want to load this data into a movieclip with two textfields(status and epost) in flash. The problem is that I need to add movieclips dynamically equal to the length of my XML file. The XML can contain hundreds of <vervet> nodes! This is being added from a database through asp=)

Any ideas guys?? All help is greatly appreciated!

My Code so far:

ActionScript Code:
package {     import flash.display.Sprite;     import flash.events.*;     import flash.net.*;     public class Status extends Sprite {         public var qs:QueryString = new QueryString();         public var id:int=10007;//qs.parameters.id;         public function Status() {             var scriptURL:URLRequest=new URLRequest("http://connectorretail.com/dn/fame/hentstatus.asp");             scriptURL.method=URLRequestMethod.POST;             var postVars:URLVariables = new URLVariables();             postVars.id=id;             scriptURL.data=postVars;             var scriptLoader:URLLoader = new URLLoader();             scriptLoader.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, scriptDoneLoading);             scriptLoader.load(scriptURL);         }         function scriptDoneLoading(evt:Event):void {             var responseXML:XML=new XML(evt.target.data);             parseData(responseXML);         }         function parseData(xmlOutput:XML):void {             trace("XML Output");             trace("------------------------");             trace(xmlOutput.vervet.epost);             trace(xmlOutput.vervet.status)         }     } }

As you can see, I can trace the "epost" and "status"! I just need to represent this data into flash=)

Last edited by mmdguru; 10-21-2009 at 01:18 PM.
mmdguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
mcandw

Not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish.

Don't you just want to traverse the XML graph (see http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/a...ionary827.html) and create a new MovieClip object for each record??
mcandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #3
mmdguru

Send a message via MSN to mmdguru Send a message via Skype™ to mmdguru

I just want to display my xml data in flash! load the "epost" and "status" into dynamic textfields...

These textfields can be inside a movieclip. So I want to add a movieclip for each xml node.

Any ideas??
Old 10-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
mmdguru

Send a message via MSN to mmdguru Send a message via Skype™ to mmdguru

Ive managed to create the amount of movieclips that are equal to the length of my epost node in my xml document...the moveclip is called statusMC!

I need to load the epost node inside a text field in my movieclip...

How do I do that?? Please help?

All help is greatly appreciated!!

My code:
ActionScript Code:
package {     import flash.display.Sprite;     import flash.events.*;     import flash.net.*;     public class Status extends Sprite {         private var statusMC:StatusMC;         public var qs:QueryString=new QueryString  ;         public var id:int=10007;//qs.parameters.id;         public function Status() {             var scriptURL:URLRequest=new URLRequest("http://connectorretail.com/dn/fame/hentstatus.asp");             scriptURL.method=URLRequestMethod.POST;             var postVars:URLVariables=new URLVariables  ;             postVars.id=id;             scriptURL.data=postVars;             var scriptLoader:URLLoader=new URLLoader  ;             scriptLoader.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE,scriptDoneLoading);             scriptLoader.load(scriptURL);         }         function scriptDoneLoading(evt:Event):void {             var responseXML:XML=new XML(evt.target.data);             parseData(responseXML);         }         function parseData(xmlOutput:XML):void {             trace("XML Output");             trace("------------------------");             trace(xmlOutput.vervet.epost);             trace(xmlOutput.vervet.status);             var epostList:XMLList=xmlOutput.vervet.epost;             for (var i:int=0; i<epostList.length(); i++) {                 var epostElement:XML=epostList[i];                                 statusMC = new StatusMC();                 statusMC.x = 40;                 statusMC.y = 60+(i*50);                 addChild(statusMC);                                 trace(epostElement);             }         }     } }

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: