Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 11-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #1
midimid

Default Strange display issue with FireGL card

Wondering if anyone has seen this. Testing in IE8, FF3, WinXP SP2, with Flash 10.32. System has an ATI FireGL card.

I'm seeing some strange problems with two items. One is a "popup window" I have that follows the mouse cursor. When the mouse leaves a movieclip in the SWF, the popup tweens to alpha zero. When the tween is complete, I leave the box where it is and remove mouse listeners.

On every machine except the one above, the popup completely dissappears as expected. But on the FireGL system, you can still just barely see the popup window's background. I added a "visible = false" at the end of the tween, and you can clearly see the popup window vanish as expected. On all other machines, there's no trace of the popup once alpha is tweened to zero, regardless of setting visibility.

I'm then seeing an issue again with some static text fields on the stage. Text color is black and behind the text fields is a very slightly off-white color background (0xF6F6F6). Strangely, the exact border area of the static text field has a white background - again only on the FireGL system. All other systems display the text/background as they should.

Thought it might be the monitor, but the system has two completely different Viewsonic panels and you can see it on both.

Anyone ever run into something like this?
midimid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: