Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 05-07-2001, 02:29 PM   #1
geir

I have made my page as one movie containing 6 different scenes with a total size of 560 kb. I think this is to much.
How can I get down the size? I have tried to load movies into different scens in different levels, but the movie just plays in all scenes. How can i control this and how can i control where the movie will play in the scene(the X and Y)
I would like to hear from you! (My page is here http://home.c2i.net/hangeir/ ........but it's in norwegian)
geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 05:07 PM   #2
Marx

Hi...
Your right, you movie is too large. The best thing would be to break it down into several different movies then, as you said, use the load movie action.
If your movie contains sound then consider putting the sound in it's own movie as sound produces notoriously large swf files.
By breaking your swf file into several different movies allows the user to call only those movies of interest to them, so they wont waste time with stuff their not interested in.

The following action is placed on a button and loads an external movie into an empty MC on your stage. By doing this you can position the MC (loaded movie) exactly where you want it on your stage:

on (release) {
loadMovie ("firstMovie.swf", "_root.targetMc");
_root.targetMc._x=300;
_root.targetMc._y=400;
}

To do this you must select target instead of level in the load movie panel.
It's smoother if you just position the empty MC on your stage manually but the above action saves you having to mess around with positioning.

The next load movie action is placed on frame 1 and loads the sound file into level 10:

loadMovieNum ("soundMc.swf", 10);

Hope this helps.
Marx is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: