Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 12-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #1
attunedesigns
Helper monkey

Default Flex Builder 3 deleted my desktop

I created a new project on the desktop, then deleted it from within the Projects window. It proceeded to clear my desktop, leaving me with a bin folder and a recycling... bin.

What in the hell>??!!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
Barna Biro

Story moral: NEVER create projects on the desktop! But if you do, then delete them manually and not from the Projects window!

Well, I personally never tried creating a project onto the desktop and my desktop is always clean as a whistle so I might have never even observed such a bug ( if it really was a bug ) even if I would have created a project directly on the desktop. I also can't remember anyone talking about such a bug... maybe you just did something wrong... dunno ( did you try Googling to find out if anyone has ever experienced the same or something similar? )...
Old 12-31-2009, 12:50 AM   #3
attunedesigns
Helper monkey

Thanks for the lesson. No, i didnt delete it wrong.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:41 AM   #4
CyanBlue
Super Moderator

Doesn't FlexBuilder ask if you want to physically remove files in the project or only the ones from the Eclipse when you delete a project??? I always use that delete only the shortcuts in my project window, and it never deleed any file that I am aware of...
http://tutorials.FlashVacuum.com

Do NOT PM, Email or Call me... Your question belongs right in this forum...
CyanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
Barna Biro

One situation I can think of that might lead to this is: maybe you didn't create the project correctly at the first place. Meaning: you forgot to specify a folder when creating the project and all the related files were created directly onto the desktop. If this is what happened, then automatically, all the shortcuts and files that were already on the desktop got included into your project.

When you chose to delete the project "and all related resources" then all the shortcuts, files that were on the desktop were considered "related resources" since there was no clear separation between the project files and the stuff you had on the desktop. And boom, everything got deleted... except the recyle bin because, well, you don't have enough rights to delete that ( otherwise, I'm quite sure it would have been also deleted ).

If that's not the case, then I don't know... but I don't think it has anything to do with a bug. I always go with "human error" first and look for bugs later...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: