I was building a preloader and it was coming out at 120k in size.
wierd since the animation was only 20k...
turns out it was the components of the main scene in the library that were loading info up on frame one of the preloader scene.
Turns out all components do this and there is a way to control where the info will load.
Unfortunately i dont know how to do this.
When i deleted all of the components in the main scene the preloader went down to 20k in size and worked fine.
I tried the preoloader component and even that added a small amount of extra size.
I did post this question elsewhere bit i thought i'd try here as well
I didn't realise what was happenig till i checked out bandwith and size report.