Home Tutorials Forums Articles Blogs Movies Library Employment Press
Old 06-11-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
fluen

Default How connect .mxml with .as?

Hi all!,

Im trying to get my .mxml file to compile with my .as files.

The thing is that I have moved the .as files and mxml files to different folders - Model(contains .as), View(contains .mxml) and Control(contains .as).
When I debug the .mxml get a launch error.

How do I get the .mxml to run with the .as files? I have tried this code with no luck!

ActionScript Code:
xmlns:control="Control.*" xmlns:model="Model.*" xmlns:view="View.*"                                             <Model:Appointment/>                         <Model:Link/>                         <Model:Note/>                         <Model:Person/>                         <Model:Research/>                                                 <View:PIM/>                         <Control:AppointmentController/>                         <Control:PIMController/>                                                 <Model:DataManager/>
Thank you in advance!
fluen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
manish_raj

Default Adding .as fine in Flex

In the Flex
MXML language, the <mx:Script> tag lets you specify a source attribute that identifies
an external ActionScript file to be loaded at that point in the application. For example, the
following tag will load an external ActionScript file named Box.as:

<mx:Script source=“Box.as” />
manish_raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #3
fluen

I have now tried to implement the code like this. But I still get the launch error. Can you tell me what to do in order to fix the problem?
Thank you.

ActionScript Code:
<mx:Script>         <![CDATA[         <mx:Script source=“Control.AppointmentController.as” />          <mx:Script source=“Model.DataManager.as” />           <mx:Script source=“Model.Information.Appointment.as” />            <mx:Script source=“Model.Information.Link.as” />             <mx:Script source=“Model.Information.Note” />              <mx:Script source=“Model.Information.Person.as” />               <mx:Script source=“Model.Information.Research.as” />                     import Control.PIMController;             import Control.AppointmentController;             import Model.Information.Research;             import Model.Information.Person;             import Model.Information.Note;             import Model.Information.Link;             import Model.Information.Appointment;             import Model.DataManager;
Old 06-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
box86rowh
FLEX AND FLASH ARE COOL

dont nest the script tags, and the paths in the source attribute are file paths, not package paths,
ActionScript Code:
<mx:Script source="/Control/AppointmentController.as" />          <mx:Script source="/Model/DataManager.as" />           <mx:Script source="/Model/Information/Appointment.as" /> //and so on..            <mx:Script source="Model.Information.Link.as" />             <mx:Script source="Model.Information.Note" />              <mx:Script source="Model.Information.Person.as" />               <mx:Script source="Model.Information.Research.as" /> <mx:Script>         <![CDATA[             import Control.PIMController;             import Control.AppointmentController;             import Model.Information.Research;             import Model.Information.Person;             import Model.Information.Note;             import Model.Information.Link;             import Model.Information.Appointment;             import Model.DataManager;
box86rowh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #5
fluen

Now I have made the suggested changes. However, I am not entirely sure that this is what you ment. Forgive my ignorence. I still get the same launch error, so I would deeply appreciate some help
ActionScript Code:
<mx:Script     source="/Control/AppointsmentController.as"     source="/Control/PIMController.as"     source="/Model/DataManager.as"     source="/Model/Information/Appointment.as"     source="Model/Information/Link.as"     source="/Model/Information/Note.as"     source="/Model/Information/Person.as"     source="/Model/Information/Research.as"  />     </mx:Script> <mx:Script          <![CDATA[             import Control.PIMController;             import Control.AppointmentController;             import Model.Information.Research;             import Model.Information.Person;             import Model.Information.Note;             import Model.Information.Link;             import Model.Information.Appointment;             import Model.DataManager;
Old 06-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #6
fluen

Also tried this:

ActionScript Code:
<mx:Script source="/Control/AppointmentController.as" />         <mx:Script source="/Control/PIMController.as" />          <mx:Script source="/Model/DataManager.as" />           <mx:Script source="/Model/Information/Appointment.as" />            <mx:Script source="Model/Information/Link.as" />             <mx:Script source="/Model/Information/Note.as" />              <mx:Script source="/Model/Information/Person.as" />               <mx:Script source="/Model/Information/Research.as" />              <mx:Script>              <![CDATA[             import Control.PIMController;             import Control.AppointmentController;             import Model.Information.Research;             import Model.Information.Person;             import Model.Information.Note;             import Model.Information.Link;             import Model.Information.Appointment;             import Model.DataManager;
Old 06-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #7
fluen

I have also tried this with no luck. Any help shall be appreciated

ActionScript Code:
<mx:Script source="import/Control/AppointmentController.as" />         <mx:Script source="import/Control/PIMController.as" />          <mx:Script source="import/Model/DataManager.as" />           <mx:Script source="import/Model/Information/Appointment.as" />            <mx:Script source="import/Model/Information/Link.as" />             <mx:Script source="import/Model/Information/Note.as" />              <mx:Script source="import/Model/Information/Person.as" />               <mx:Script source="import/Model/Information/Research.as" />              <mx:Script>              <![CDATA[             import Control.PIMController;             import Control.AppointmentController;             import Model.Information.Research;             import Model.Information.Person;             import Model.Information.Note;             import Model.Information.Link;             import Model.Information.Appointment;             import Model.DataManager;
Old 06-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #8
Peter Cowling
quantum tunneler

The first question here is: what is in the as files?

But I would skip that conversation, and just read this. Note in section 4, where it talks about 'package'.

Okay, so that's the reverse of what you ask about, but I expect it'll provide the answer you want i.e. take a look through, make any changes to your as code, and then take a look at what you had at the start - where you where instantiating namespace defined components.
Peter Cowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #9
fluen

Thank you for your answers!
I sovled the problem by importing in all my files.

In the mxml file

ActionScript Code:
import Model.DataManager; import Control.AppointmentController; import Control.PIMController;

In the control as file

ActionScript Code:
import View.PIM; import Model.DataManager;

And so forth...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: